Wake up guys...

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

27 Jun 2016

Thanks for all the input guys,
tt_lab wrote:Hey Bitley...don't want to bother you but you didn't answer my question...
Sorry for this; during the summer deal campaign all update possibilities are temporarily removed in order for the information on the site to stay as clear as possible, if you could consider purchasing it for the deal price it would be a great support, I feel that I have chosen the lowest price point possible and can't go much lower for upgrades.

tt_lab

27 Jun 2016

Thank you!

skie

28 Jun 2016

Well I bought the refill. But turns out I have to also purchase a drop box account in order to download the thing. Which is really killing my buzz. Yeah, it's only $10 a month, but I know I 'll forget to cancel the account after the first month and itll end up charging me $100. Why can you just send a regular d/l link?

eusti

28 Jun 2016

skie wrote:Well I bought the refill. But turns out I have to also purchase a drop box account in order to download the thing. Which is really killing my buzz. Yeah, it's only $10 a month, but I know I 'll forget to cancel the account after the first month and itll end up charging me $100. Why can you just send a regular d/l link?
You should be fine with the free account.

D.

skie

28 Jun 2016

eusti wrote:
skie wrote:Well I bought the refill. But turns out I have to also purchase a drop box account in order to download the thing. Which is really killing my buzz. Yeah, it's only $10 a month, but I know I 'll forget to cancel the account after the first month and itll end up charging me $100. Why can you just send a regular d/l link?

D.
Unfortunately I ran out of space on my free account :(

jappe

28 Jun 2016

Hello Ski, I bought my refills with the free dropbox account.
However, I bought them one at the time.
If you bought more than one, perhaps you exceed the maximum free dropbox space?
I guess then perhaps ask for new invite for first refill, and a new invite for the next when you've copied the first.

eusti

28 Jun 2016

skie wrote:
eusti wrote:

D.
Unfortunately I ran out of space on my free account :(
Can't you just register a second one to a different email address? Or temporarily move the stuff that is on there?

D.

skie

28 Jun 2016

I just deleted what was in there already and all is well. Didn't know you could do that. Any yes I had a second one but the purchase was only linked to the full one via my paypal email. Thank you for the help! Excited to use this refill.

avasopht
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2016

You're not supposed to delete the files as that deletes it for all other users, instead you should disable the folders you don't want and Dropbox will not count it against your quota.

Although I see that dropbox now includes view-only, so maybe "deleting" does now only remove from your account, ... unsure, ..

eusti

28 Jun 2016

skie wrote:I just deleted what was in there already and all is well. Didn't know you could do that. Any yes I had a second one but the purchase was only linked to the full one via my paypal email. Thank you for the help! Excited to use this refill.
Glad it all worked out! The refill is great. The delivery method a bit of a pain though...

D.

eusti

28 Jun 2016

avasopht wrote:You're not supposed to delete the files as that deletes it for all other users, instead you should disable the folders you don't want and Dropbox will not count it against your quota.

Although I see that dropbox now includes view-only, so maybe "deleting" does now only remove from your account, ... unsure, ..
I think he's talking about deleting what was on his dropbox before.

D.

bitley

29 Jun 2016

This user also wrote a support email about this, and it was solved in about 1 minute, internationally. Official statement then; No, nobody needs to pay anything extra ; free dropbox accounts are completely sufficient. Cheers!

decibel

29 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote:This user also wrote a support email about this, and it was solved in about 1 minute, internationally. Official statement then; No, nobody needs to pay anything extra ; free dropbox accounts are completely sufficient. Cheers!
i remember wasting at least 4 and 1/2 hours of my friday evening when i purchased WBF update from you due to dropbox issues, you were not very helpful either, you were actually pretty rude towards me if i remember correctly.. it left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to using your refill. actually and i would be hesitant to deal with you again no matter how good your next update may be ? based on the negative experience i had dealing with you. its a great product but you need to find a more professional way to sell it in my opinion

bitley

29 Jun 2016

For support issues please email to me, and I will solve everything smoothly. I have no means of connecting a username here with a support case.

Mysterygrimms

29 Jun 2016

How long will your summer sale last for WBS? I already bought WBF R2 some time ago (best reason refill period, although I love a lot of others as well).

bitley

30 Jun 2016

I will try maintaining it to august 1st, but that only works if there is a pretty constant flow of orders, otherwise I'll have to rethink. So don't hold back. :)

Mysterygrimms

30 Jun 2016

Ok. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

kuhliloach

03 Jul 2016

Mysterygrimms

05 Jul 2016

What are peoples opinions on Way Beyond Synclavier? I want to buy it but I really feel like I need a reason to versus Way Beyond Fairlight where that refill just sold it's self on the demos alone... I know WBS is currently at $55 which is pretty good..

Lov2sing

06 Jul 2016

GUI is important because people buy with their eyes befor their ears. Turn to one of the RE developers and get them to create the look and import your sounds and samples. Call it the same thing and create an users guide. Lastly make a video that focuses on the product and not fancy graphics. After that separate the massive instrument into smaller units and you have the making of one of the best reproduction of a classic synths in the world. Just saying!
We make music for a reason

teddymcw

06 Jul 2016

Mysterygrimms wrote:What are peoples opinions on Way Beyond Synclavier? I want to buy it but I really feel like I need a reason to versus Way Beyond Fairlight where that refill just sold it's self on the demos alone... I know WBS is currently at $55 which is pretty good..
I got both WBF and WBS a few weeks ago, and am def pleased with both. Though WBS is not the mother load that WBF is, there are still more classic and awesome sounds in there that make for easy inspiration and thus leaving me happy with purchase no doubt. WBS is more sample heavy and less in the .cmb than WBF. I only don't like that there is a folder of patches for one or two REs I don't have but eh, oh well.

Bottom line is that I've personally really enjoyed opening it up and still have so much more to create with that is unique to this refill, so very much worth value.

Mysterygrimms

06 Jul 2016

teddymcw wrote:
Mysterygrimms wrote:What are peoples opinions on Way Beyond Synclavier? I want to buy it but I really feel like I need a reason to versus Way Beyond Fairlight where that refill just sold it's self on the demos alone... I know WBS is currently at $55 which is pretty good..
I got both WBF and WBS a few weeks ago, and am def pleased with both. Though WBS is not the mother load that WBF is, there are still more classic and awesome sounds in there that make for easy inspiration and thus leaving me happy with purchase no doubt. WBS is more sample heavy and less in the .cmb than WBF. I only don't like that there is a folder of patches for one or two REs I don't have but eh, oh well.

Bottom line is that I've personally really enjoyed opening it up and still have so much more to create with that is unique to this refill, so very much worth value.
Hi teddymcw,

Thanks for your post and insight on WBS. I think I am going to bite at some point soon. WBF is the absolute best refill period (IMO). Also, anything Jiggery Pokery does as well. It's a shame WBF it is not available on the prop shop. Bitley you should consider hiring someone to help you make an RE WBF rack extension. I love rack extensions more than refills now.

dustmoses

08 Jul 2016

What happens after you buy WBF? E-mail with dropbox? I just bought it not sure how to get it.

bitley

09 Jul 2016

Thank you, yes a Dropbox email within minutes or a couple of hours depending on when the order was seen, I keep an hawkeye on my email. :-)

Last Alternative

10 Jul 2016

Is there a direct download for WBF instead of Dropbox? Like iTunes, they only complicate things. I prefer when you click a download link the window pops up that says open or save; no hassle.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

• Information