Lexicon 480L Reverb Refill for RV7000 MK2

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
carlosedp

09 Jun 2015

Hi all,

I created a refill for Lexicon 480L IRs to be used on RV7000 MK2. Link removed, see last post. Sorry.

I'm working on Bricasti M7 now.

Carlos

eusti

09 Jun 2015

Thanks, Carlos. I don't have 8 yet, but it's definitely getting more tempting now! ;)

D.

joeyluck

10 Jun 2015

Thanks, Carlos!
Unfortunately that link wants my cookies!

Speaking of Bricasti M7, I have been messing around with these Bricasti M7 IR's:
http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i ... responses/

Djstarski

10 Jun 2015

thanks for that my friend .

carlosedp

10 Jun 2015

Sorry about the inconvenience but I removed the download since some users pointed out that I do not have a clearance to redistribute the free IRs. I will try to get it and redistribute the file.

Thanks.

theohilton

01 Jul 2015

people complaining about free stuff? what is the world coming to? sounds like a great refill!.. any way u could share it with me? :)

normen

01 Jul 2015

Btw, heres the opinion of the 480 creator Michael Carnes on impulse responses made from Lexicon reverbs and impulse response in general (around the 26:30 mark) - he basically says its like saying a dead person "looks natural" ;)

A very interesting interview all in all, where he also talks about the supposed "magic" of certain AD/DA converters etc. and debunks most of these myths.

https://www.box.com/shared/static/pbdqy ... masldl.mp3

selig
RE Developer

01 Jul 2015

normen wrote:Btw, heres the opinion of the 480 creator Michael Carnes on impulse responses made from Lexicon reverbs and impulse response in general (around the 26:30 mark) - he basically says its like saying a dead person "looks natural" ;)

A very interesting interview all in all, where he also talks about the supposed "magic" of certain AD/DA converters etc. and debunks most of these myths.

https://www.box.com/shared/static/pbdqy ... masldl.mp3
I belive Michael worked on the PCM 90 and above, though he didn't do any actual DSP on the PCM-90. He lives near me in Utah and I've conversed with him via Email. Very nice and accessible guy!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

01 Jul 2015

BTW, I have a 480 at the studio that I may "shoot" at some future point in time. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

carlosedp

01 Jul 2015

The problem with making the 480L refill available for everyone is that I haven't received an answer from the people who made the IRs.

Our world is currently full of people eager to take advantage of others and this situation is easy for the creator to sue me or any other places used for distribution.

Unfortunately I'm not able to make it available because of this but would be a pleasure to do so. Also I'm making a Bricasti M7 refill for my own use.

Any time I receive a feedback from the creators authorizing the distribuion, I would gladly post here.

Sorry,
Carlos

selig
RE Developer

01 Jul 2015

carlosedp wrote:The problem with making the 480L refill available for everyone is that I haven't received an answer from the people who made the IRs.

Our world is currently full of people eager to take advantage of others and this situation is easy for the creator to sue me or any other places used for distribution.

Unfortunately I'm not able to make it available because of this but would be a pleasure to do so. Also I'm making a Bricasti M7 refill for my own use.

Any time I receive a feedback from the creators authorizing the distribuion, I would gladly post here.

Sorry,
Carlos
I'm out of town for quite a while, otherwise I'd fire up the 480 and share everything! If you can wait a few months (sorry!), I'll make it happen!
Selig Audio, LLC

carlosedp

01 Jul 2015

Absolutely! Thanks for all contributions Selig!

K1TTENM1TTEN

30 Nov 2015

selig wrote:I'm out of town for quite a while, otherwise I'd fire up the 480 and share everything! If you can wait a few months (sorry!), I'll make it happen!
So if we have waited a few months can we now have them? Haha :lol:

• Information