Question about "author" of some FSB stuff

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
JNeffLind

29 Aug 2015

pLansford wrote:
Your attitude stinks. I just came here from an email notification but I don't want any more to do with this.
You apologized and then continued with your nonsense. Do you think one apology gives you a free "act like an ass" card for the rest of the thread. I'm actually a very kind, considerate, and helpful person. Check out my post history if you're so inclined. I only talk down to people when it seems it's the only way they will understand. Like when I have to explain the same thing again and again and instead of internalizing what I say they try to find a way to finagle around while ignoring the broader question.

You had no business being in this thread in the first place, so I'm not really bothered you'll be leaving. Deluded kittens are still kittens until they grow up. Thank about that while you're griping in your beer about how you just tried to help and some guy was mean to you.

pLansford

29 Aug 2015

JNeffLind wrote:You had no business being in this thread in the first place, so I'm not really bothered you'll be leaving. Deluded kittens are still kittens until they grow up. Thank about that while you're griping in your beer about how you just tried to help and some guy was mean to you.
Make it stop! Make it stop! :puf_bigsmile: I love you.

JNeffLind

29 Aug 2015

pLansford wrote:
JNeffLind wrote:You had no business being in this thread in the first place, so I'm not really bothered you'll be leaving. Deluded kittens are still kittens until they grow up. Thank about that while you're griping in your beer about how you just tried to help and some guy was mean to you.
Make it stop! Make it stop! :puf_bigsmile: I love you.
SMH

Namahs Amrak

30 Aug 2015

JNeffLind wrote: SMH
What is this shit, 'SMH' ?

There's a newspaper in my city abbreviated as such (The Sydney Morning Herald). But why do I see all this "SMH" horseshit all over the internet? Why communicate in teen-text ?
My Words are my ART

JNeffLind

30 Aug 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:
JNeffLind wrote: SMH
What is this shit, 'SMH' ?

There's a newspaper in my city abbreviated as such (The Sydney Morning Herald). But why do I see all this "SMH" horseshit all over the internet? Why communicate in teen-text ?
Because it annoys moody assholes who devote their lives to looking for things to be upset about. Just trying to help fulfill your raison d'etre. ;) ROFLMAO.

It means "shaking my head" and it was the only appropriate response to the previous interaction.

p.s. if this thread has taught you anything, it's that there's this thing called google which might be worth checking out. :mrgreen:

Tincture

30 Aug 2015

"Because it annoys moody assholes who devote their lives to looking for things to be upset about."

If i ever had reason to have a motto, this would be it.

Namahs Amrak

30 Aug 2015

JNeffLind wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote:
p.s. if this thread has taught you anything, it's that there's this thing called google which might be worth checking out. :mrgreen:
I wonder if thats the same google I used to find Hank Shocklee is an FSB contributer? Wouldnt THAT be a coincidence ! OMG !
My Words are my ART

grumo

30 Aug 2015

Hank Shocklee/Bomb Squad are responsible for most of the early (pre-band) Public Enemy beats, if that helps at all, and yes, they are the Bomb Squad responsible for the FSB loops. I think the 'code' used for naming the patches are erm... military stuffs... bombs or bombers or guns or something like that...and yeah, I got a sample of that same pack you mention in your original post for a beatmaking contest and it was all pretty electro and even dubstepish, I guess they just wanted to make an easy buck (fair enough) out of selling sample packs, or they're actually doing that kind of stuff now, I'm not too up to date lately :)
So yeah, those beats are mashes of little samples from odd records, with some added sub, maybe hats, a snappier snare, you know, Public Enemy kinda stuff! :cool:

Soundcloud // download 'Gracias' on Bandcamp // Facebook

JNeffLind

30 Aug 2015

grumo wrote:Hank Shocklee/Bomb Squad are responsible for most of the early (pre-band) Public Enemy beats, if that helps at all, and yes, they are the Bomb Squad responsible for the FSB loops. I think the 'code' used for naming the patches are erm... military stuffs... bombs or bombers or guns or something like that...and yeah, I got a sample of that same pack you mention in your original post for a beatmaking contest and it was all pretty electro and even dubstepish, I guess they just wanted to make an easy buck (fair enough) out of selling sample packs, or they're actually doing that kind of stuff now, I'm not too up to date lately :)
So yeah, those beats are mashes of little samples from odd records, with some added sub, maybe hats, a snappier snare, you know, Public Enemy kinda stuff! :cool:
Thanks Grumo. This was my impression from the samples included in the link I provided. It was hard for me to believe they were from the same guy. I suppose tastes/styles evolve.
Last edited by JNeffLind on 30 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

JNeffLind

30 Aug 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:
JNeffLind wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote:
I wonder if thats the same google I used to find Hank Shocklee is an FSB contributer? Wouldnt THAT be a coincidence ! OMG !
LOL lulz kkkkkkkk

mbfrancis

19 Sep 2015

Um...I'm not going to comment on the preceding thread, but the Bomb Squad was Public Enemy's production crew going back to the late 80s, headed by Hank and Keith Shocklee. They were a big huge deal back in the day. No one else in hip hop production is using that name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bomb_Squad
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information