Persistent Missing Patches

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
chrischrischris

25 May 2016

I have some Persistent Missing Patches Every single Time I locate them and save The Project but I still have to repeat the process Every Single Time I close and reopen The Project????

This is A Few Patches / Refills in particular and as a side note they are un reachable from The Favorite Folders in which they are linked to.

The Hidden Favorite Links seem to Re - Find themselves if I load up any Patch from that same Re - Fill (it doesn't even have to be one of The patches that I have ever used or have Favorite Links to but it does have to be from the same Folder as The Missing Patch.

The main culprits are;

Seligs Hang Drum
Anything from The Booster EDM Pack from Props
Some old Waldorf Re-Fill (But Not All Patches)

I have just been Living with this but I'm sure that they must be A Fix!!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Chris

guitfnky

25 May 2016

I've had a similar issue with loading Reason Drum Kits 2.0 and BFD kit refills, since I moved to a new computer (from Mac to PC, if that's at all relevant). I have to go to the folder and click the search button every time I start a session. I'm very curious what the fix is for this. It's not a huge problem, but it is definitely annoying.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Ostermilk

27 May 2016

The only thing I can think of here is that the patches have been saved as copies outside of the Refill they came from so it may be worth re-saving the patches once you've found the sounds/samples they need before saving the entire project again.

The reason it isn't a problem when you have another patch from the same refill loaded is because all the references to the required samples are in memory.

So I'd suggest just trying to re-save the offending patches after you've loacated any missing files/samples and see if the problem persists.

That's all I got so I hope it helps.

chrischrischris

27 May 2016

Issue.png
Issue.png (88.05 KiB) Viewed 758 times
I feel that this wont solve this issue though :shock:

Ostermilk

28 May 2016

chrischrischris wrote:I feel that this wont solve this issue though :shock:
Why?

The only times I've run into what you describe is when I'm using a patch or a copy of a patch which refers to an external refill.

If I load a song that uses a patch that is contained in a refill after moving the refill to a new location then locating the missing refill and re-saving the project is enough.

However if the patch resides outside of a refill and it references samples from an external refill then just saving the project will not change the references in the patch to the new location, you have to re-save the offending patch after locating the resources it is looking for as well as re-saving the project.

That fact doesn't change whether you have 40 or 4 million patches, as although you may need to correct a lot more patches in the latter instance, the principle stays the same.

chrischrischris

30 May 2016

I Think I understand what Your suggesting but if I understand correctly You are suggesting that every single time I load up A Patch from An Offending Re-Fill I must then Re-Save The Patch????

Chris

WongoTheSane

30 May 2016

This happened to me more than once, so I wrote a sort of tutorial on how to solve the problem: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7493938. Hope it helps!

• Information