Wake up guys...

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

18 Jun 2016

I must go out on a limb here but Way Beyond Fairlight 2 is not a refill, even if it appears like that. It is a complete and faithful recreation of a complete Fairlight CMI-equipped studio with just about all worthwile drum machines and synthesizers of the world included. It is more than a rack extension in every sense - full programmability, full tweakability.

This soundbank represents several years of work with sample-accurate loop points to cover the most important sampled sounds for music making ever made.

I must ask you guys to really support this work!!!

You have never heard Reason this way, I can promise you that. If you don't believe me you need a serious ear wash, no offence;

Can the Reason community at large stop this stupidity with fascination for extremely simple and toylike rack extensions? You need to know what masterful sampling and programming really can do. This bank comes with over 4,000 patches and each of these patches have taken up to several hours to complete.

I need you to wake up and realize that this is the world's best sound bank ever built, for any instrument.

Order it today and your jaw will drop to the floor.

It's a promise.

Welcome.

Audioalysis

18 Jun 2016

I can concur that this is by far the best Reason sound bank I've ever used. I use it on everything i write. Even for just adding extra textures underneath sounds as well as stand alone sounds i use. It's my go to workstation refill. Personally I love everything about 1980's music and when i first found Way Beyond Fairlight I was really excited by not just the faithful Fairlight recreations, but the abundance of other sounds from other classic synthesisers made into combinators with wonderful editing and effects. Check it out. You won't be disappointed. It's the first refill I go to when I start a new composition.

esselfortium

18 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote:You have never heard Reason this way, I can promise you that. If you don't believe me you need a serious ear wash, no offence;

Can the Reason community at large stop this stupidity with fascination for extremely simple and toylike rack extensions? You need to know what masterful sampling and programming really can do. This bank comes with over 4,000 patches and each of these patches have taken up to several hours to complete.

I need you to wake up and realize that this is the world's best sound bank ever built, for any instrument.
I'm not sure how putting other people down is supposed to make your product look better, but okay...
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

jappe

18 Jun 2016

I'm guilty of calling it a refill in a previous post lol, but I made sure the message of awesomeness got through.
My personal, short but never the less, experience of Way Beyond Fairlight 2 and the other...[fill in a better word than refill], is that it is indeed awesome.
I need inspiration from sound to get musical ideas, and WBF2 is perfect for that since the density of great sounds is so high, they really are appealing!
I got that feeling, after buying Antidote and Predator as well even though they are different animals.

Thing is, I've only used a handful of the ingredients in the WBF2, and it feels like I can continue a long time with those patches.
Wonderful to know there's a whole universe beyond that to explore:-)

So, thank's Bitley for the work you've done, I thoroughly enjoy it:-)

bitley

18 Jun 2016

Thanks to those who chime in, I totally need that! :-) Nobody is being put down, it's just a very necessary wake up call. People might have invested $2000 in rack extensions and they still can't soundwise or sound-quality wise touch what's on offer here.

max|waves

18 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote: I need you to wake up and realize that this is the world's best sound bank ever built, for any instrument.
Totally agree.
Last edited by max|waves on 18 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

QVprod

18 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote: Can the Reason community at large stop this stupidity with fascination for extremely simple and toylike rack extensions?
I gotta say this isn't the best way to pitch something. But aside from that, maybe modern sounding sound demos could help it be more appealing? I get that these were popular in the 80's, but from all the sound demos I've heard of your refills (for lack of a better term) over the years, people are only going to associate it with with that era of music. If you really want to compete against Rack Extensions, you'll have to show how this outshines them.

PS: I'm not bashing the product in any way.

bitley

18 Jun 2016

Thanks QVprod, I take it you might be into hiphop for instance?

How's about this then?

bitley

18 Jun 2016

The admin who moved this into refills clearly don't understand what it's all about. But you let a thread saying Reason 9 is ridicubad stay there?!

stratatonic

18 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote:The admin who moved this into refills clearly don't understand what it's all about. But you let a thread saying Reason 9 is ridicubad stay there?!
Well, it was a clever ploy for you to claim:
bitley™ wrote:t Way Beyond Fairlight 2 is not a refill
but I guess admin saw through that. :D

QVprod

18 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote:Thanks QVprod, I take it you might be into hiphop for instance?

How's about this then?

Yes. Now thats quite a bit more appealing. Modern electronic/EDM would've worked as well. I think demo songs like this would help give a buyer a better idea of what can be done with the sounds. A Soundcloud playlist covering different genres would showcase your products really well.

...sidenote He might have just sold me onto WBF.

bitley

18 Jun 2016

stratatonic wrote:
bitley™ wrote:The admin who moved this into refills clearly don't understand what it's all about. But you let a thread saying Reason 9 is ridicubad stay there?!
Well, it was a clever ploy for you to claim:
bitley™ wrote:t Way Beyond Fairlight 2 is not a refill
but I guess admin saw through that. :D
Thing is, this is a world apart from a refill. Refills normally take five hours to make, contain 50-100 patches and doesn't allow for much tweaking. Still, people are buying them. I used to work for companies making refills (including Propellerhead!) and their deadlines were insane, like, "you have two days maximum, then I need a refill". Propellerhead were more professional in every sense of course. But when I started building my own soundbanks I never stopped, I just moved on, even the first version of this was 10 times larger than most other refills. WBF R2 is the 11th major update to that.

QVprod: Glad to hear this, you are more than welcome sir!

Dave909

18 Jun 2016

If its packed into a refill its a refill and not something else. No matter how huge it is in your mind its still a package of presets. Even if you offer the individual elements in every sound down to the oscillators it still aint no synth. Dont get me wrong tho. You got a great product there but coming on to people like this might have the opposite effect?

bitley

18 Jun 2016

I am already living in that opposite effect you're referring to. Since the introduction of REs we don't sell much refills anymore, and that's a shame for many different reasons. Pun intended. For many different reasoners too. Those very few who actually know in detail what a sampler can do knows that synthesis indeed is incorporated, to a much deeper level than on any synthesizer out there. I have used hundreds of synthesizers and I know what I am talking about but it's all up to you if you want to support this. If you prefer trying to find faults in my communication you are completely missing the point. There is a vast area of possibilities with a soundbank like this and it can match any synthesizer out there. Soft or hard.

Dave909

18 Jun 2016

You really dont need to explain it to me. I know about the vast amount of work you put in there. Ive handlooped all the multisamples in every refill i ever made too. Its nuts. And you went in all the way. Im not looking for errors in your communication at all but like has been said you should get many more sound demos in various genres to showcase. Since you put this out there i think you should be open to suggestions in this field as well. Thats all :)

Mauricio Duarte

18 Jun 2016

Bitley is THE MAN. Fully support him, he's awesome and his refills are from another universe

bitley

18 Jun 2016

Well Dave - there are the user demos too... if it is all up to the demo music, well I find that hard to believe.

Dave909

18 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote:Well Dave - there are the user demos too... if it is all up to the demo music, well I find that hard to believe.
You dont have to believe anything of course. What i mean is that most people arent producing 80's music so you might want to showcase whats possible. The hiphop demos are a nice start for sure but imho you should have more genres and preferably all on the product page. Just talking from my perspective here obviously

guitfnky

18 Jun 2016

I don't do a whole lot of synth stuff, but would like to get this at some point, because I've heard nothing but good things. how long will the summer promo be going on? it's probably going to take me another couple of months to getting around to getting this, since I've got R9 to purchase in a few days, and I'm hoping it'll still be on sale for awhile.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

18 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote:I am already living in that opposite effect you're referring to. Since the introduction of REs we don't sell much refills anymore, and that's a shame for many different reasons. Pun intended. For many different reasoners too. Those very few who actually know in detail what a sampler can do knows that synthesis indeed is incorporated, to a much deeper level than on any synthesizer out there. I have used hundreds of synthesizers and I know what I am talking about but it's all up to you if you want to support this. If you prefer trying to find faults in my communication you are completely missing the point. There is a vast area of possibilities with a soundbank like this and it can match any synthesizer out there. Soft or hard.
Hey Bitley,

I think you are referring to different things here. You are talking about a sample library ReFill vs. an emulation. As opposed to comparing that of which is more relevant; a sample-based Rack Extension like the ones made with or without the IDT.

Again, Rack Extensions and ReFills are both great. I think it's less likely you can win somebody over by pitting the two against each other.
People like the NNXT. They also like refreshing GUI's that complement well the instrument they sample from or recreate. People have been familiar with custom UI's with Kontakt libraries for years. It makes sense.

Also keep in mind that NNXT-based ReFills are still subject to the included filters and effects. There are great 303 ReFills out there, but none as great as ABL3 which emulates extremely well the filter. No sample library combined with whatever included filter is going to do as good of a job.

A developer could create a sample-based RE and then combine that with DSP to emulate filters and effects (the non-IDT route) and have a better product for sure. And I think it depends on the ReFill and the RE as to what is a better solution. Again, both formats are great. I still buy both!

Folks appreciate custom UI's for their instruments. The demand is there. People are accustomed to that. It's better for workflow in many cases, it grabs attention, it's more intuitive in many cases... I realize you are here to market your products. And I know it's been discussed way too often, but if you want to really grab people's attention, you know how to do it ;)

Developers can make both ReFills and REs. Don't feel like if you make a RE it has to be a recreation of your entire ReFill. Don't feel like it has to be a replacement. A RE can be a gateway to your ReFills and the other way around. Something to think about...

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2016

I've used your refills for hip hop, .. been doing it since the Fairlight CMI!

I usually hash tag it in sound cloud.

Might be beneficial for a competition to create demo tracks for a set of genres.

bitley

18 Jun 2016

Good ideas and good input.

Custom UIs, well we have that. :-)

joeyluck

18 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote:Good ideas and good input.

Custom UIs, well we have that. :-)
Something like this would fly off the shelves for sure! :)
http://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-corner/da ... &results=2

Do you have a custom UI you are working on? Or are you talking about the Kontakt version?

bitley

18 Jun 2016

Uhum?

Well it looks nice but it doesn't sound better.

joeyluck

18 Jun 2016

bitley™ wrote:Uhum?

Well it looks nice but it doesn't sound better.
I haven't even listened to the demos. Was just referencing it for it's GUI...

• Information