Reason 9 - Factory Sound Bank Extension (Free Download)

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
elwoodblues914C5

28 Jun 2016

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
elwoodblues914C5 wrote:If it weren't for all of the one finger chord presets and fifth notes & such,these would be great sounding patches.Since Reason is most popular with trance fans and people who can't actually play the keyboard,I of course,expect such presets,but just about every god**mn preset in the pad category is one finger chords and even most of the lead synths...holy sh*t...really?

Wow...could have at least gave a descriptive warning that this download was solely aimed at the noise-maker crowd.F**king hell...isn't it enough,that Reason 9 has a chord player module already built in?

It is an optional download, You sound extremely ungrateful to be honest.
If they are not for you, just get on with it, but don't come on here with all the foul language and attitude. You come across like bag a wind or a bold child.
Ungrateful?What...like Propellerhead hasn't compensated Softphonics for their work and that actually,Softphonics offered their extension out of pure altruism?Should I be grateful that just about every patch has been rendered useless,for nearly every musician out there(outside of the EDM and DJ crowd?
I would have gladly paid Softphonics for these patches(had they not ignored every non-EDM Reason user out there.)Do you have any idea how ridiculous it is to cater to one specific crowd,with one specific genre and not even given the courtesy to label the download accordingly?
Honestly,I have never seen such an absurd download in my life.If Softphonics bothered to give a synopsis of their download,I would have just passed it over and have not said a word about it.

esselfortium

28 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:If it weren't for all of the one finger chord presets and fifth notes & such,these would be great sounding patches.
So disable the chord players and enjoy your free patches instead of throwing a fit?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

selig
RE Developer

28 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:
PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
elwoodblues914C5 wrote:If it weren't for all of the one finger chord presets and fifth notes & such,these would be great sounding patches.Since Reason is most popular with trance fans and people who can't actually play the keyboard,I of course,expect such presets,but just about every god**mn preset in the pad category is one finger chords and even most of the lead synths...holy sh*t...really?

Wow...could have at least gave a descriptive warning that this download was solely aimed at the noise-maker crowd.F**king hell...isn't it enough,that Reason 9 has a chord player module already built in?

It is an optional download, You sound extremely ungrateful to be honest.
If they are not for you, just get on with it, but don't come on here with all the foul language and attitude. You come across like bag a wind or a bold child.
Ungrateful?What...like Propellerhead hasn't compensated Softphonics for their work and that actually,Softphonics offered their extension out of pure altruism?Should I be grateful that just about every patch has been rendered useless,for nearly every musician out there(outside of the EDM and DJ crowd?
I would have gladly paid Softphonics for these patches(had they not ignored every non-EDM Reason user out there.)Do you have any idea how ridiculous it is to cater to one specific crowd,with one specific genre and not even given the courtesy to label the download accordingly?
Honestly,I have never seen such an absurd download in my life.If Softphonics bothered to give a synopsis of their download,I would have just passed it over and have not said a word about it.
As it exists you could have also "not said a word about it". OK, so it's not for you, and you can't be bothered to turn off the players on what you've described as otherwise "great sounding patches" in your opinion - fine. But you seemed to be personally insulted by this library rather than simply stating it wasn't for you. IMO you could have made a stronger initial point when expressing your opinion if you had taken an approach more like you did above, but maybe that's just me. :)

And I guess you're ignoring my post that I am one musician that DOES find stuff like this useful (and there are others like me) - but to be clear, I don't always use patches "as is", and often modify them to meet my needs and express my personal taste and style, which in many cases means turning off effects (which may include the Players in patches such as these).

You call it absurd, I call it useful - why is it at all a problem that you've found a ReFill that is not for you?
Selig Audio, LLC

lowpryo

28 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:Should I be grateful that just about every patch has been rendered useless,for nearly every musician out there(outside of the EDM and DJ crowd?
sorry to beat a dead horse, but do you really not realize that all of those patches are 1 or 2 clicks away from being exactly what you want? nothing has been "rendered useless". if you want to perform the patches instead of letting them perform themselves, just turn off the players. they have only added features, not subtracted them. sorry they aren't features that you care for, but you must be heavily incompetent in music production if you looked at this issue and saw a dead-end.

tibah

28 Jun 2016

esselfortium wrote:
elwoodblues914C5 wrote:If it weren't for all of the one finger chord presets and fifth notes & such,these would be great sounding patches.
So disable the chord players and enjoy your free patches instead of throwing a fit?
This exactly.

How can one raise his voice about the "inability" of other users (which is totally based on guessing), and in the same time show his "inability" to unfold a Combinator to delete unwanted devices.

WongoTheSane

28 Jun 2016

MAKE REASON TINNY AGAIN!!

elwoodblues914C5

28 Jun 2016

Okay I see...I have no right to be displeased or criticize anything that is a free download....excuse me.I don't actually have a problem with the included chord players in R9(as there is plenty of very useful features.)The reason I brought up the chord players,is to emphasize how illogical it is,to program an entire sound set extension into chord-style presets(as though everyone Reason user will actually wanted this.)Interesting though....that I am the only one in this thread thus far,that see this as being unfair.
Propellerhead has always leaned more towards electronic music,such as dubstep and the like and has neglected to focus more on acoustical sounds(to bring Reason to the Kontakt level) and I've accepted that,because Reason was always a good value for what I could use in it.
However though,Reason has become so expensive for those who have been with Reason for many years and despite this,Reason still hasn't updated it's sample engines(as Propellerhead is content on just catering to the EDM crowd,which is why there are more DJ's and the like using,as that's were the monopoly is and the main source of the Prop's bread and butter.)
I once had NI's Komplete 6 and even though I loved the sound quality of their Absynth and the odd few musical-sounding presets & FX,that program was comprised mostly of bleeps,bloops & all sorts of static garbage,which is one of the reasons I uninstalled the damn thing and threw the disc set in the garbage.
I suppose I could comb through these presets and de-program all of the fifths and chord stuff,but why should I have to?Why does nearly the whole damn program have to be in this style?There is already enough of this type of presets in the factory bank and also in the other various Refills that I've bought over the years and I accept that diversity...but there is NO diversity in this Softphonic sound set and since they decided to cater to a specific genre...why not LABEL it as such??
So now...I am going to spend many hours...messing around with nearly all of these presets,trying to salvage what I can and sound design has never been my specialty...but from now on,I won't ever download something that isn't labeled...because I want to focus on making MUSIC,rather than trying to undo all of the mysterious noisy garbage someone puts out.

esselfortium

28 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:Okay I see...I have no right to be displeased or criticize anything that is a free download....excuse me.
There's a line between being critical and being meanspirited and entitled, and your posting in this thread is seriously meanspirited and entitled. You can critique something that's free, that goes without saying, but there's no reason to just harass the author and talk down to people who are enjoying something.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Softphonics

28 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:undo all of the mysterious noisy garbage someone puts out.

Hi elwoodblues914C5

Ok so I not sure where to start here. But I certainly do not want to attack you or come across wrong to be clear.
After reading the entire thread carefully ...Maybe a few bullet points will help?
  • - Softphonics generally does cater to the non-electronic crowd so I am unsure why one dabble in the EDM realm is so troubling you so badly, our most popular refills are all acoustic instruments from Brass to Strings to Piano etc...

- Reason 7 & 8's main goals (consciously by Propellerhead) was to be more inclusive of Acoustic musicians, we have seen the A-list range, and refills and rack extensions which cater to music scoring / songwriters & non electronic musicians.

- With Reason 9 The focus switched to EDM after 2 major upgrades trying to pick up where Record 1.5 would have landed.

- When you say about us being compensated, this is not true, This was done completely off our own back. Our time to create something for everyone, we were fortunate enough to have a very early alpha version of R9 to build a bank that helps focus sounds on the new players. It no big issue if they are not for you, we just did as we were asked to do.

- The new devices were obviously the showcase, so why would we not use them? Some people like "quick inspiration" and then they re-model a patch to suit there needs. With all the new goodies we were hardly going to focus the refill on Scream4 or Un-16.

- Players have a bypass all mode, 1 button! What is wrong with just doing that?

- The "NON PLAYER" patches we did 150 more are included in the new factory soundbank, they would be more up your alley I would imagine.

So I hope that helps answer some questions, and feel free to ask me anymore I may have missed. I think from looking at the rest of the thread the consensus seems to be that 1 people are happy enough, 2 Its free so why not!, 3 If its not for you then don't use it nobody is forcing you too, they are just sounds, sounds anyone can manipulate to their hearts content.. :)
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

mreese80

28 Jun 2016

Softphonics wrote:Hey All

So for those of you who got Reason 9 you will see there is a ton of new factory sounds done by Softphonics.
There was also a lot of sounds that are not included because the combinators required additional graphics "outside of the bank standard" but they are available in a free refill called "Factory Bank Extension"

It will be available free from propellerhead sometime today also, but they are extremely busy. So we have placed a download button for it on our homepage for anyone who wants it now with their new Reason 9.

http://www.Softphonics.com

Enjoy

Andrew
Nice sounds, thank you
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

PurpleMonkeyDishes

28 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:Okay I see...I have no right to be displeased or criticize anything that is a free download....excuse me.I don't actually have a problem with the included chord players in R9(as there is plenty of very useful features.)The reason I brought up the chord players,is to emphasize how illogical it is,to program an entire sound set extension into chord-style presets(as though everyone Reason user will actually wanted this.)Interesting though....that I am the only one in this thread thus far,that see this as being unfair.
Propellerhead has always leaned more towards electronic music,such as dubstep and the like and has neglected to focus more on acoustical sounds(to bring Reason to the Kontakt level) and I've accepted that,because Reason was always a good value for what I could use in it.
However though,Reason has become so expensive for those who have been with Reason for many years and despite this,Reason still hasn't updated it's sample engines(as Propellerhead is content on just catering to the EDM crowd,which is why there are more DJ's and the like using,as that's were the monopoly is and the main source of the Prop's bread and butter.)
I once had NI's Komplete 6 and even though I loved the sound quality of their Absynth and the odd few musical-sounding presets & FX,that program was comprised mostly of bleeps,bloops & all sorts of static garbage,which is one of the reasons I uninstalled the damn thing and threw the disc set in the garbage.
I suppose I could comb through these presets and de-program all of the fifths and chord stuff,but why should I have to?Why does nearly the whole damn program have to be in this style?There is already enough of this type of presets in the factory bank and also in the other various Refills that I've bought over the years and I accept that diversity...but there is NO diversity in this Softphonic sound set and since they decided to cater to a specific genre...why not LABEL it as such??
So now...I am going to spend many hours...messing around with nearly all of these presets,trying to salvage what I can and sound design has never been my specialty...but from now on,I won't ever download something that isn't labeled...because I want to focus on making MUSIC,rather than trying to undo all of the mysterious noisy garbage someone puts out.

Man, You got serious issues....

I'm actually speechless

If that is what gets you angry then I'd hate to see what you're like when something worth getting angry about crops up.
Id say you turn into a raging ball of snots and tears...
anger2.jpg
anger2.jpg (89.07 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Kenni
Site Admin

29 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:Okay I see...I have no right to be displeased or criticize anything that is a free download....excuse me.I don't actually have a problem with the included chord players in R9(as there is plenty of very useful features.)The reason I brought up the chord players,is to emphasize how illogical it is,to program an entire sound set extension into chord-style presets(as though everyone Reason user will actually wanted this.)Interesting though....that I am the only one in this thread thus far,that see this as being unfair.
This really doesn't make sense at all.

Most popular EDM artists and producers of genres in the electronica branch use Ableton Live or FL Studio. It has been like that for quite some time.

This is not just for you, but a general advice: Maybe you guys need to start showing an interest in learning how to build your own synths and sample patches, rather than relying on presets.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

lowpryo

30 Jun 2016

instead of modifying every single preset at once, why not do it as you use them? just browse the chord & pattern presets as "previews" for the sounds, and when you find one that you like, you can click a couple times and disable the players. I think you'd save a lot of effort that way.

jfrichards

30 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:...Should I be grateful that just about every blah has been rendered useless,for nearly every blah out there...?
I would have gladly paid blah for these blah(had they not ignored every blah out there.)Do you have any idea how ridiculous it is to cater to one specific crowd, with one specific blah and not even given the courtesy to blah?
Honestly,I have never seen such an absurd blah in my life. If blah bothered to give a synopsis of their blah, I would have just passed it over and have not said a word about it.
Come on Elwood, you're floating into the realm of absurd humor now. Thanks for the chuckle.

Blast

05 Jul 2016

Its a FREE REFILL so enjoy it or go somewhere else to batch about unimportant issues.
Great job Softphonics!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

kuhliloach

05 Jul 2016

Majestic. Nostalgic. I loved it. Much better than Cats. I toggled the chords on and off while laughing, and crying. I'm going to use this refill again and again.

• Information