Reason 9 - Factory Sound Bank Extension (Free Download)

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Softphonics

21 Jun 2016

Hey All

So for those of you who got Reason 9 you will see there is a ton of new factory sounds done by Softphonics.
There was also a lot of sounds that are not included because the combinators required additional graphics "outside of the bank standard" but they are available in a free refill called "Factory Bank Extension"

It will be available free from propellerhead sometime today also, but they are extremely busy. So we have placed a download button for it on our homepage for anyone who wants it now with their new Reason 9.

http://www.Softphonics.com

Enjoy

Andrew
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:

chrischrischris

21 Jun 2016

Great Stuff Thanks.

Chris

Olivier

21 Jun 2016

Softphonics wrote:Hey All

So for those of you who got Reason 9 you will see there is a ton of new factory sounds done by Softphonics.
There was also a lot of sounds that are not included because the combinators required additional graphics "outside of the bank standard" but they are available in a free refill called "Factory Bank Extension"

It will be available free from propellerhead sometime today also, but they are extremely busy. So we have placed a download button for it on our homepage for anyone who wants it now with their new Reason 9.

Enjoy

Andrew
Great stuff!! Thanks! :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Softphonics

21 Jun 2016

No Problem! :reason:
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:

PGR

21 Jun 2016

Quality!

The_G

21 Jun 2016

Good stuff--thanks!
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

WongoTheSane

21 Jun 2016

Wow, brillant idea!!!!
scale.PNG
scale.PNG (73.81 KiB) Viewed 10999 times
Thanks Andrew!

joeyluck

21 Jun 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:Wow, brillant idea!!!!
scale.PNG
Thanks Andrew!
This is exactly why Combinator knobs should be programmable to be stepped/switches rather than knobs.

Great sounds!

PurpleMonkeyDishes

22 Jun 2016

Thank you Softphonics, I love the Pad patches you had put into the Reason 9 Sound library and there is loads more pads in this add-on refill. Very happy! Thanks again.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

jfrichards

22 Jun 2016

Excellent sounds Andrew, excellent!

Last Alternative

22 Jun 2016

Yes thank you very much. I'm assuming to just put that into my REfill folder? Also, where/how do we get the new Reason soundbank REfill? Is that already included when I downloaded Reason and got the soundbanks? I don't know where to find that on my computer.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

WongoTheSane

22 Jun 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Yes thank you very much. I'm assuming to just put that into my REfill folder? Also, where/how do we get the new Reason soundbank REfill? Is that already included when I downloaded Reason and got the soundbanks? I don't know where to find that on my computer.
Yes, just place it in your Refill folder. The new soundbank is indeed included with the download, you can check it's there by browsing the following folder:

Mac: /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Soundbanks

PC: %programdata%\Propellerhead Software\Soundbanks

tibah

22 Jun 2016

Thanks for sharing! :)

gak

22 Jun 2016

scale.PNG
Thanks Andrew!
Sorry for dense/ADD guy question but, there was nothing in the beta like this, right? If so, sorry I missed it.

WongoTheSane

22 Jun 2016

gak wrote:
scale.PNG
Thanks Andrew!
Sorry for dense/ADD guy question but, there was nothing in the beta like this, right? If so, sorry I missed it.
No, and from what he said, I guess that's one of the reasons those patches didn't make it to the official sound bank: "sounds that are not included because the combinators required additional graphics outside of the bank standard".

Trefor

23 Jun 2016

Just checked out some of the patches. They are brilliant and I suspect that I'll be using them as my 'go to' patches for inspiration. Thanks very much.

Darwin

23 Jun 2016

What is "Graphics" in the combinator? Graphics as in an visual image?? Huh?
:question: Darwin

PurpleMonkeyDishes

23 Jun 2016

Darwin wrote:What is "Graphics" in the combinator? Graphics as in an visual image?? Huh?

I assume it means that "scales nob" that softphonics added to the interface was not approved of...
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

jallen97

27 Jun 2016

Thanks so much!!! I love these new sounds!
Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfrichards

27 Jun 2016

Are these great sounds included in the 9 hour road trip demo?

If not, they'll have to go back out into the desert.

submonsterz

27 Jun 2016

just sat and went through this factory extension refill some really nice sounds in here very very usable as is :thumbs_up:

elwoodblues914C5

27 Jun 2016

If it weren't for all of the one finger chord presets and fifth notes & such,these would be great sounding patches.Since Reason is most popular with trance fans and people who can't actually play the keyboard,I of course,expect such presets,but just about every god**mn preset in the pad category is one finger chords and even most of the lead synths...holy sh*t...really?

Wow...could have at least gave a descriptive warning that this download was solely aimed at the noise-maker crowd.F**king hell...isn't it enough,that Reason 9 has a chord player module already built in?

PurpleMonkeyDishes

28 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:If it weren't for all of the one finger chord presets and fifth notes & such,these would be great sounding patches.Since Reason is most popular with trance fans and people who can't actually play the keyboard,I of course,expect such presets,but just about every god**mn preset in the pad category is one finger chords and even most of the lead synths...holy sh*t...really?

Wow...could have at least gave a descriptive warning that this download was solely aimed at the noise-maker crowd.F**king hell...isn't it enough,that Reason 9 has a chord player module already built in?

It is an optional download, You sound extremely ungrateful to be honest.
If they are not for you, just get on with it, but don't come on here with all the foul language and attitude. You come across like bag a wind or a bold child.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

selig
RE Developer

28 Jun 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:If it weren't for all of the one finger chord presets and fifth notes & such,these would be great sounding patches.Since Reason is most popular with trance fans and people who can't actually play the keyboard,I of course,expect such presets,but just about every god**mn preset in the pad category is one finger chords and even most of the lead synths...holy sh*t...really?

I've played piano since age 3 and still find a use for these patches - I also see potential in patches to go in and turn off things I don't like (usually effects like reverb/delay/compression) so I can make it my own.

If you can't also see these creative possibilities with these FREE patches, then simply "pass" rather than get personally offended by such thing (or write a thoughtful review if you feel like sharing your experience with the patches here).
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Jun 2016

I've done lots of trance, hiphop, drum and bass, dubstep and so on, and been quite successful at it as well. I'm classically trained though, and have been playing the piano since the age of 4.

Maybe the problem here is that your interest in music is tainted with prejudice, and that piano players and producers alike actually sit down and create their own presets to suit their need or improve their workflow?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

• Information