Best strings refill?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
leonxx1983

02 Oct 2016

Hi everyone, new Reason user here and loving it (of course!) but really want to expand my palette of strings sounds mainly for adding real sounding strings to R&B / pop tracks. Budget is limited so probably can't afford the likes of the Stringwerk RE, but of the strings refills which do you guys recommend? (looks like Chambre or Euphonic are best options? but hard to decide!)

OldGoat

02 Oct 2016

Best is hard to say, they complement each other. I combine Miroslav ( https://www.esoundz.com/sounds/miroslav ... /2124.html ) with Chambre, Euphonic and the the strings of the FSB. I still do not own Stringwerk since it has not been on sale yet... I suggest that you search this forum for more details, the "best strings question" has been answered here several times...

Ottostrom

02 Oct 2016

I have to give my vote to Euphonic Strings, my most used refill. I think I have used this refill one way or another in every single track I've made since I bought it. Its just lovely!

Kenni
Site Admin

03 Oct 2016

Miroslav and Euphonics. Stringwerk is a nice RE as well.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2016

I would still save up for Stringwerk, especially if you want more rhythmic strings for pop/ R&B tracks.

nscerri

03 Oct 2016

I have StringWerk and it sounds really nice, realistic and very expressive. I highly recommend to try the 30 day demo. Miroslav is also good.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

geronimo

04 Oct 2016

Perhaps publishers like Audiobro or Spitfire Audio will consider a day, Rack Extension format ...

leonxx1983

09 Oct 2016

Thanks for the replies, I got Euphonic, loving it, really thoughtfully done with all the layers and keyswitching. Just wish it had a solo violin!

Reasonable man

10 Oct 2016

I'm a violinist and Stringwek i guess imo is as close as it gets for the price. I think you can play a semi realistic solo with Miroslav but you have to carefully join the notes and even then nothing to elaborate. I have created several ensemseble bits with stringerk 'expressive strings' that are spookily real . Honestly Euphonic strings with the in built reverb are.... well... better to say nothing really!

kitekrazy

15 Oct 2016

There are some patches in Euphoric that are more synth sounding. When Miroslav is on sale for $49 it's hard to beat. As for StringWerk there is no mention of the size of this. IS it sample based or modeled or both? I'm conscious of space on my OS drvie.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2016

leonxx1983 wrote:Hi everyone, new Reason user here and loving it (of course!) but really want to expand my palette of strings sounds mainly for adding real sounding strings to R&B / pop tracks. Budget is limited so probably can't afford the likes of the Stringwerk RE, but of the strings refills which do you guys recommend? (looks like Chambre or Euphonic are best options? but hard to decide!)
kitekrazy wrote:There are some patches in Euphoric that are more synth sounding. When Miroslav is on sale for $49 it's hard to beat. As for StringWerk there is no mention of the size of this. IS it sample based or modeled or both? I'm conscious of space on my OS drvie.
It is on sale, a steal at $49 for the Gold Edition

https://www.sonicreality.com/landingpag ... efills.php
(There are a couple of other bundles on that page, look like good value, but I can't say for sure as I have not brought them (yet).)

Included in this Gold Bundle:

Six Miroslav Refills for Reason
2055 instruments
996 combinators
Miroslav Refill: Solo Strings

Solo Strings Combinator

Includes the solo violin, viola, cello and contrabass of the Miroslav Orchestra archives. An incredible range of performance articulations such as legato, staccato, pizzicato, tremolo, sul ponte, spiccato, detache and more make this one of the most beautiful and playable collections of solo strings and small string ensembles around. Includes additional bonus symphonic textures and powerful interactive orchestra combis. (195 instruments, 161 combinators)

Miroslav Refill: Ensemble Strings

Beautifully sampled ensemble strings from the legendary Miroslav Orchestra collection. Featuring 11 and 24 violin sections, violas, celli and basses played in a variety of performance articulations such as legato, staccato, pizzicato, tremolo, sul ponte, spiccato, detache and more. Includes additional bonus symphonic textures and powerful interactive orchestra combis. (267 instruments, 211 combinators)

Miroslav Refill: Brass

Instantly playable solo and ensemble Brass featuring trumpets, trombones, French horns, tuba and more from the Miroslav Orchestra archives. Plenty of performance articulations such as sustained, portato, staccato, vibrato, muted, looped and non-looped full duration plus orchestral layers for a majestic symphonic sound. Includes additional bonus symphonic textures and powerful interactive orchestra combis. (399 instruments, 65 combinators)

Miroslav Refill: Choir

Classical male and female human voice choirs with performance articulations and individual syllables for the ultimate in expression and tonal variation. From ohs, ahs, uhs to syllables like Po, Do, Re, Mi, Si, glissandos and other performance variations, these choirs cover a wide range of colors and are the ideal companion to the Miroslav orchestra. Includes additional bonus symphonic textures and powerful interactive orchestra combis. (144 instruments, 161 combinators)

Miroslav Refill: Percussion and Keys

This title covers both orchestral percussion instruments, such as timpani, bells, chimes, vibraphone, glockenspiel, celeste, snare, bass drum, shakers and more, as well as a stunning concert grand piano, cathedral pipe organ and harpsichord. This collection contains a majestic collection of powerful dynamic single hits and individual percussion elements for complex orchestral layers. Includes additional bonus symphonic textures and powerful interactive orchestra combis. (752 instruments, 156 combinators)

Miroslav Refill: Woodwinds

A complete collection of expressive solo and ensemble woodwinds from the Miroslav Orchestra archives, such as flute, piccolo, oboe, clarinet, bass clarinet, English horn, Bassoon, Contrabassoon and more. These are considered to be some of the most beautiful woodwinds that have ever been sampled. Featuring performance articulations such as sustained legato, vibrato, flutter, staccato, portato and more. Includes additional bonus symphonic textures and powerful interactive orchestra combis. (298 instruments, 242 combinators)

• Information