(Vocals+piano) Bean Counter Brigade Attack

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jappe

14 Nov 2015

A short piece of piano and vocals.
I suspect the phrase "are all in rage" isn't really correct English...but this time I don't care.

"My employment came to an end,
two slaves over the sea had luck
Reasons were hard to comprehend,
when the Bean Counter Brigade struck

Bean Counter Brigade
Bean Counter Brigade
Bean Counter Brigade
Our energy will fade

I hear they're having problems now,
customers are all in rage, want me back
Two slaves have no clue, don't know how
We're victims of a Bean Counter Brigade Attack

Bean Counter Brigade
Bean Counter Brigade
Bean Counter Brigade
Our energy will fade"

How I made the tune:

1. Record the piano track twice and pan the tracks left and right.
2. Record the vocals three times, and put the tracks mid, left and right, after doing the following vocals processing:
a) Remove noise, breathing, shit and low freqs in Adobe Audition
b) Fix the pitch flaws in Melodyne Studio
c) Manual levels compression and hard limiting in Adobe Audition
d) Load the vocals into Reason, and put Onyx 430i Limiter on the bus

The only effects I use is the default channel strip echo+ Delay 3/16 on the vocal mid track, and the default plate rev on the piano when chorus vocals.

https://www.propellerheads.se/s/tZnzADDW

DeltaHotelVictory

17 Nov 2015

This is actually pretty funny if it weren't for the sad occasion that you lost your job. I hope you find a new job soon were they treat you as a person rather than a cost item on their profit and loss account.

jappe

19 Nov 2015

DeltaHotelVictory wrote:This is actually pretty funny if it weren't for the sad occasion that you lost your job. I hope you find a new job soon were they treat you as a person rather than a cost item on their profit and loss account.
Thank's for the kind words!
But this is not something I have experienced myself.

The text is supposed to express the anger and bitterness a fictional person feels after losing the job because it was cheaper to hire two untrained workers from a country where labor is cheap and labor standards terrible.
Half the price, less than half the efficiency, and 0.5 efficiency x 2 persons doesn't = 1.
Later on everything goes to hell, but the bean counter brigade general has already moved to another battle zone, and no one thought about claiming post apocalyptic responsibility.

The person is fictional, yet exists in many places.

• Information