(Metal Mix) - Feared - Mass Destruction

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
VNUprod

07 Dec 2015

Hey Folks,

just finished my Entry for the EUGG #mixofmassdestruction Mixing Competition. The Stems were crazy good already, so it was more like getting the overall Sound and Guitarsounds right (because the latter had to be ReAmped), but still... Re-Mixed / Re-Amped / Re-Mastered 100% in Reason :)

jappe

20 Dec 2015

VNUprod wrote:Hey Folks,

just finished my Entry for the EUGG #mixofmassdestruction Mixing Competition. The Stems were crazy good already, so it was more like getting the overall Sound and Guitarsounds right (because the latter had to be ReAmped), but still... Re-Mixed / Re-Amped / Re-Mastered 100% in Reason :)

Hi VNUprod!

Listening on Sennheiser HD25-1 II, and this sounds really good to me; No energy lost here, I can feel it to my bone. This machine works as expected and with high efficiency.
The growl is a little bit quiet, but I guess that is a matter of taste since making it louder would be a tradeoff with the great energy from the guitar.

VNUprod

23 Dec 2015

Thank you for the kind feedback! :) Actually, the full vocal tracks have not been included in the competition stems, Vocals you are hearing are from what is on the FX track only and thus only audible a bit in the background.

jappe

24 Dec 2015

VNUprod wrote:Thank you for the kind feedback! :) Actually, the full vocal tracks have not been included in the competition stems, Vocals you are hearing are from what is on the FX track only and thus only audible a bit in the background.
Actually, when I think of it, it's kind of nice to have growl in the background. A band which I think would benefit from it is Ensiferum. Clean song to carry the lyrics and growl to set the athmosphere.

VNUprod

28 Dec 2015

Yeah, it definately is a nice tool for athmosphere. Would have loved to mix the full stems though :)

• Information