(Nautilus synth/ DnB) - Takeoff

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2015

I wrote this one using only Nautilus Bass Synthesizer for all synth sounds. Just like with the song challenges I find this is a great way to learn and try out new REs.
Sometimes it's easier to get some music done when you're working with limitations.

Skullture

22 Dec 2015

I like it, but you need to make both your kickdrum and snare a lot punchier. There is some room left in the low EQ section.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:I like it, but you need to make both your kickdrum and snare a lot punchier. There is some room left in the low EQ section.
Thanks for the feedback. Kick and snare sounds alright to me but I agree that the low end could be better. I tried to raise the volume for the bass but I felt that the airy feel I liked about the song disappeared and the mix became a little muddy also. I'm sure it could all be done right but I'm just not a good enough mixer yet. I'll get there someday :)
Thanks for listening, appreciate it.

jappe

25 Dec 2015

Awesome energy here! What I hear sounds perfect. But a problem is what I don't hear: I agree with Skullture, I'm listening on Genelec small monitors + Krk10s Sub, and my Krk sub is on vacation for this tune.
Hey, try this for a quick fix: https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... s+Enhancer

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2015

jappe wrote:Awesome energy here! What I hear sounds perfect. But a problem is what I don't hear: I agree with Skullture, I'm listening on Genelec small monitors + Krk10s Sub, and my Krk sub is on vacation for this tune.
Hey, try this for a quick fix: https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... s+Enhancer
Thanks for the feedback. While I do agree about the bass, I don't think I'll change the mix now.
I really try my best not to go back and change already released songs, even if they have flaws. Once they're official there's no going back. I've been in the "let's go back to my old songs" land before and I hate that place.
What I usually do is try to learn from my mistakes or other peoples advice and keep that in mind for future mixes.

jappe

26 Dec 2015

TritoneAddiction wrote:
jappe wrote:Awesome energy here! What I hear sounds perfect. But a problem is what I don't hear: I agree with Skullture, I'm listening on Genelec small monitors + Krk10s Sub, and my Krk sub is on vacation for this tune.
Thanks for the feedback. While I do agree about the bass, I don't think I'll change the mix now.
I really try my best not to go back and change already released songs, even if they have flaws. Once they're official there's no going back. I've been in the "let's go back to my old songs" land before and I hate that place.
What I usually do is try to learn from my mistakes or other peoples advice and keep that in mind for future mixes.
Good policy, I can understand that; Better fix things early I guess; a bit like programming really.
It's like that puzzle when you move numbers in the correct orders - even if it's only one thing to fix, it affects a lot of other numbers in order to get it right.

Chizmata

29 Dec 2015

the idea is really cool, some final fantasy- euphoric - couchclubsound - dnb trance :D. could be a bit less muddy in the mid section, the stereo saw bass and the percs are eating each other up a bit. if you can get that right the track will be awesome.

joet63

01 Jan 2016

I don't normally listen to this kind of music but I love electronic in all most shapes and forms, I love the intro and outro, the core of the track is good maybe a bit muddy for me but still I like it, keep up the good work :puf_smile:

Re: I just bought Nautilus! Thank you for reminding me of this rich bass synth sound!!!
Last edited by joet63 on 02 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:adapted: :reason: :record: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :ignition: :re: :PUF_figure: :rt:
R5 Record iMac 2.0 Core 2 Duo 4Gb of RAM

Shokstar

01 Jan 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:I wrote this one using only Nautilus Bass Synthesizer for all synth sounds. Just like with the song challenges I find this is a great way to learn and try out new REs.
Sometimes it's easier to get some music done when you're working with limitations.
Yes that´s right, I did this many times while I was making my Shop Songs :) An old Rap producer said:" we had only 4 Tracks for each Song in the 80´s and this was the reason why we had success."

• Information