Parsec/Scream Rock (Cyanide ft. Mina)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
cosignsessions

24 May 2016

Recorded/Edited/Glitched in Reason. Special thanks to @Bloma and @Jappe for their constructive criticism and mix critiques, which were invaluable to getting this track on the right path. Lyrics and vocals by the lovely Mina Leon. I used Parsec/Scream/RP Distort/Malstrom/Kong/Etch Red/L6. Mix and song critique welcome.
Last edited by cosignsessions on 26 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Zac

24 May 2016

Really good track! More comments on Soundcloud...

sdst
Competition Winner

24 May 2016

cool track, I like the metal guitar. :)

cosignsessions

24 May 2016

Thanks! Appreciate the listen and feedback. @zac Thanks for the heads up on Skunk Anansie. Gonna check them out!

stratatonic

03 Jun 2016

Excellent work. Love that layered wall of sound when the chorus kicks in. What's going on there?

cosignsessions

03 Jun 2016

stratatonic wrote:Excellent work. Love that layered wall of sound when the chorus kicks in. What's going on there?
Thanks! There is a lot going on in there for sure. Here is what I remember without opening the session:

1. Guitars are L6 and Softube Amp with Rosen Digital IRs loaded in the Advance Reverb unit (acting as the cab simulator)
2. Malstrom synth bass

The guitars and synth bass are then routed to a single scream 4 and crushed to bits! That signal is then sent to a mix channel that has the Rockhead m/s patch loaded (this was just experimentation that worked out in the end)

3. Parsec synth, which I tried to use Synchronous on but decided to Rewire and use Cableguys Filtershaper instead

4. A second malstrom synth bass (mono and distorted with the Sat Knob)

In rewire I added a couple more gain stages to the guitars and bass using various 3rd party plugins to push them to the max.

All that to make a giant 'mud' wall of sound! I'm glad you like it.

Tau Ceti

04 Jun 2016

Sounds great.
Good job.

Skullture

04 Jun 2016

This could have been an excellent entry for Eurovision, lots of drama.. Good job.

cosignsessions

04 Jun 2016

@Tau Ceti. Thanks for listening and the feedback.

@Skullture. Glad you like the track. Did I miss a contest for Eurovision?

Skullture

05 Jun 2016

cosignsessions wrote: @Skullture. Glad you like the track. Did I miss a contest for Eurovision?
It was last month, but there's always one next year. But I see you're a US citizen, so it wouldn't be possible. :D come to Europe!

stratatonic

06 Jun 2016

cosignsessions wrote:
stratatonic wrote:Excellent work. Love that layered wall of sound when the chorus kicks in. What's going on there?
Thanks! There is a lot going on in there for sure. Here is what I remember without opening the session:

1. Guitars are L6 and Softube Amp with Rosen Digital IRs loaded in the Advance Reverb unit (acting as the cab simulator)
2. Malstrom synth bass

The guitars and synth bass are then routed to a single scream 4 and crushed to bits! That signal is then sent to a mix channel that has the Rockhead m/s patch loaded (this was just experimentation that worked out in the end)

3. Parsec synth, which I tried to use Synchronous on but decided to Rewire and use Cableguys Filtershaper instead

4. A second malstrom synth bass (mono and distorted with the Sat Knob)

In rewire I added a couple more gain stages to the guitars and bass using various 3rd party plugins to push them to the max.

All that to make a giant 'mud' wall of sound! I'm glad you like it.
Yeah, that's a layer, alright! Thanks for the detailed response. I appreciate that!

Any info about Rozen you could share? HOw many IRs do you get? Ratings? Thanks :)

cosignsessions

06 Jun 2016

[/quote]Yeah, that's a layer, alright! Thanks for the detailed response. I appreciate that!

Any info about Rozen you could share? HOw many IRs do you get? Ratings? Thanks :)[/quote]

I have the Rosen Atlantic Custom pack. 3 IRs. Seems like I always pick the same one (with mics 2 inches away from cone). Looks like they have re-branded the bundles. I don't see the Atlantic Custom on their site. I would rate them well above the included speaker emulations that are stock with the L6 and AMP. They just seem to fit what I am going for faster.

But then again, given how much post processing I did on this particular track I probably could have used the stock cabs :)

stratatonic

10 Jun 2016

cosignsessions wrote:
I have the Rosen Atlantic Custom pack. 3 IRs. Seems like I always pick the same one (with mics 2 inches away from cone). Looks like they have re-branded the bundles. I don't see the Atlantic Custom on their site. I would rate them well above the included speaker emulations that are stock with the L6 and AMP. They just seem to fit what I am going for faster.

But then again, given how much post processing I did on this particular track I probably could have used the stock cabs :)
Thanks for the additional info!

haha, I think a lot of software guitarists go down the rabbit hole of trying to chase that perfect tone, and then it gets butchered by FX or radically EQ'd just to get it to sit properly in a mix.

But it is nice to start with a great tone! :)

• Information