[Trance] Darude - Sandstorm (Recover fan-remix)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Aasmund1986

03 Jul 2016

I made another remix of one of the most well known trance tracks. "Sandstorm" by Darude.

Everything is done from scratch, no original content is from the original track, all is done in Reason 9.
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

jappe

03 Jul 2016

Hello Asmund,

it was a long time ago I heard the original but this one sounds good.
The sound that plays a few time starting from 1:23 sounds too strong, and also perhaps add a bit delay/reverb to it so that it doesn't end so abruptely.

The snare at 2:09 sounds a bit too quiet.

Other than that, it sounds good to my ears!

Aasmund1986

03 Jul 2016

Thanks for your feedback :) Yes I spendt a good 3 days trying to make the legendary "dududu" patch. Finally managed do make it as close as possible yesterday. Heres the original:

Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

jappe

03 Jul 2016

Ah that was actually very close to the original, well done!
Perhaps I just have hearing fatigue after listening to my own current project a thousand times :)

Aasmund1986

05 Jul 2016

Thanks, yes this is a remix I wanted to do for a very long time and decided to finally get it out from my head. Ill think I let the "Sandstorm" track rest in peace now as it is alot of remixes out there :P
Reason 10 Intro

Rene Disco

08 Jul 2016

Hey Aasmund1986 I noticed your remake was made on a different key. I don't know if you did it on purpose but the higher keys make it sound a little lighter than the original on the video. Also you can try using the 909 snare instead of the gated clap. The hi hats also sounding a little thin. Sometimes it is the pitch or tone that needs adjustment. Using the Audiomatic RE with either the tape, mp3 or spread will give it some added thickness. You can also add a little Scream too. Adding the shaker would also help. Cool track to remake. Gotta have those snare drum rolls.........

Aasmund1986

11 Jul 2016

Hi Rene, yes its in a different key. Im getting a new Novation full 61 key this week (only have 25 now), so I might fix it then :) I agree that the mastering could be alittle bit better, but Im starting to learn Reason 9 mixer mastering section and not only use the main 14:2 as I have done until now. You will notice that in my future tracks.
Reason 10 Intro

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2016

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW...

Yep you guest it, I did not like.... I loved it... Brill job, top energy, great sound design, I remember this track well, you have taken me back quite a few years... but this is fresh or is it dope now, fresh back then LOL.... massive thumbs up.......

Aasmund1986

11 Jul 2016

Haha, thanks :P
Reason 10 Intro

• Information