count Glasses [New Album: Rock/Pop/Indie/Ballad]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Aug 2016

Very pleased to pop back from enforced exile just to say hello ("Hello!" ;) ) and let fans and followers know the new album (and indeed the entire remixed back catalogue) are now on Bandcamp to stream or buy.

This long-gestating project of deeply brilliant new rock-pop, a concept double-long-player for bass, drums, guitars and Combo Organs (and a bit of Harmonic Synthesizer and the rejected Electric Harpsichord et al too) ! Most tracks have appeared on my Soundcloud over the past couple two or three years, but these are new, entweakened and remixed versions not passed through SoundCloud's famous "Make It Sound Even Shitter" filter, gathered properly together in their right place. Tinged as ever with a deeply personal lyrics, including the beautiful ballads "Stone the Crows", "Little Island/Safe Place" and "If I Had Known Then What I Know Now", the album features the anti-establishment and political side of The Quixotes.

The first half is The View from the Left, the rosy mental afterglow of a peacenik, Corbyn-loving world long since consigned to history even though it never existed anyway, with the political rock of "Overboarders" (the migrant crisis filtered though the happy glow of Facebook), and the dark ballad of "Get Out of Jail Free" (a love story between Rebekeh Brooks and Andy Coulson played out across the London Monopoly board).

The second half is The View From the Right, a state where the myth of personal freedom is quietly subjugated to the point of social breakdown, most notably in the opener, "Autopilot" (mass shootings) and "Dressed in Water" (trolls and SJW's described using armed missiles). But whatever the view, ultimately it's a story of unrequited love: in the end once we finally remove the glasses, left or right doesn't matter, all we have left is a life lost to ourselves no matter what the colour.

Part One
The View from the Left

Side One
1 Technophobe (format c:/daisy daisy)
2 What the Actual Fuck?
3 Jazz Hands
4 Happy Accident
5 Take It All In

Side Two
6 When the World is Getting Boring
7 Stone the Crows
8 Overboarders
9 Mad as Hell
10 Get Out of Jail Free

Part Two
The View from the Right

Side Three
11 Autopilot
12 Edward Snowden in Hell (A Phoney War)
13 Dressed in Water
14 Kiss Me
15 Richard Wright

Side Four
16 Walk a Tightrope
17 Little Island/Safe Place
18 Always Wiping the Same Slate Clean (Winchester '74)
19 If I Had Known Then What I Know Now
20 Is This All That There Is?

The download includes 10-page PDF artwork/lyric sheet.

I dedicate Rose-count Glasses to those who, for whatever reason, refuse to remove theirs!

http://thequixotes.bandcamp.com/

motuscott

17 Aug 2016

Done & done.
Love your REs.
Now I get to love your musacks.
ta
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

frog974new

17 Aug 2016

Nice stuff
interesting way you have rewored some few old track ,
my favorites songs
part one , track 3 Jazz Hands
part 2 , track 9 , some crazy line here ^^
part 4 , track 19 ... top quality

jappe

20 Aug 2016

Hi,
welcome back and congratulations to the album :puf_smile:
The genre is not what I typically use to listen to, but it sounds professional and it shouldn't be hard to find an audience for this well made music!

After listening it through the first time, if I pick three tunes I liked best: (A second or third time may change that list, I get the feeling that this record is filled with grower tunes)
(and pardon me if any of my references misses the target, I tend to have somewhat distorted associations when it comes to music)

4. Happy Accident:
Morrisey and Howard Jones vibes on the vocals.

6. When the world gets boring:
Makes me think of The Clash.

9. Mad As Hell: That highpassfiltered razor-sharp yet soft tremolo/vibrato organ is like an anger-weapon making a surgical precision attack through the beautiful sound atmosphere.

I'm curious, did you use Steerpike Delay & Chenille Chorus in this record?
Two of my favorite RE's.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

23 Aug 2016

jappe wrote:
I'm curious, did you use Steerpike Delay & Chenille Chorus in this record?
Two of my favorite RE's.
Yes, both of them are liberally used throughout, but especially Chenille on vocals and guitars.

• Information