{Downtempo Acid} Lethargio

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
logicalpocket

12 Nov 2016

A nice laid back trip fest for your delectation.

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Alex
Blep

Pete B

26 Nov 2016

I delictated it, thanks. Good, and interesting. I particularly like that it's full of different ideas. I like the loud reverby sort of vinyl scratching noises that come along in pairs in the early part of the song (1:30, 1:48 and 2:08 to be precise!) - how did you make those sounds? Musically my favourite part is from about 2:50 to 3:10, that's really good, and probably the most laidback part. Maybe you could base another song on that section.

HepCat

26 Nov 2016

Crafty little track. Tries to pull all the punches and pretty well succeeds. Change pitch during the song? Difficult to do but it sounded alright here.

logicalpocket

26 Nov 2016

Pete B wrote:I delictated it, thanks. Good, and interesting. I particularly like that it's full of different ideas. I like the loud reverby sort of vinyl scratching noises that come along in pairs in the early part of the song (1:30, 1:48 and 2:08 to be precise!) - how did you make those sounds? Musically my favourite part is from about 2:50 to 3:10, that's really good, and probably the most laidback part. Maybe you could base another song on that section.
Hi Pete,

Thanks a lot for listening. Those vinyl scratch noises were achieved by achieved by adjusting the delay time and using a controlled roll on the echo device that I was using on the Abl3 bassline. It can be a bit of a tricky technique to get right but if you're careful to pull the dry/wet signal or the roll down as you alter the delay rate as it stops it from overpowering the rest of the sound. It's very hit and miss so you generally have to do quite a few takes before you land on the sound that fits with the rest of the track :)

I may well try to fiddle around with a similar section to the one you cited in the near future. I've been having a little trouble writing anything these last couple of weeks so it's probably a good idea to farm some old ideas for a creative spark.

Cheers,
Alex
Blep

logicalpocket

26 Nov 2016

HepCat wrote:Crafty little track. Tries to pull all the punches and pretty well succeeds. Change pitch during the song? Difficult to do but it sounded alright here.
Thanks Hepcat! You can normally only get away with pitch shifting like that if you strip all the other melodic parts back at the same time, otherwise it almost always sounds like garbage. Glad to hear it worked out alright this time :P
Blep

Kov

10 Dec 2016

Yeah, Acid is an important thing :puf_smile:

logicalpocket

14 Dec 2016

Kov wrote:Yeah, Acid is an important thing :puf_smile:
Can't live without it ;)
Blep

• Information