(Cover | House) New Order | Blue Monday

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Aggie

05 Mar 2017

Just for the feels:

Enjoy!
Adam Gill | BandLab

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2017

I like it but I do miss the words, can you not incorporate some using a robotic\heavy-vocoder voice? St-1 or something, even if it's not all of the words just key words from the chorus..

Aggie

05 Mar 2017

...I shall try.... :)
Adam Gill | BandLab

HepCat

06 Mar 2017

I don't know the proper terminology, and l'm only using my laptop speakers here, but 00:46 onward & 2:49 onward - the synthstring instrument seems at "too high altitude". Too much "room" between it and the other parts of the song running beneath it.

Otherwise, pretty good!

Aggie

07 Mar 2017

Thanks - I've shortened the overall length a tiny bit now so the synth sits in a different place. I've EQ'd the synth a bit, centered it slightly and dropped it an octave a little later in the piece... oh - and I threw in some deeper beats at the drop... :)

Cheers!
Adam
Adam Gill | BandLab

HepCat

07 Mar 2017

Hi yes, l think l can hear a difference.

How about slightly lowering the amplitude of the soaring synth lines? I think that would make the sound more compact. I'm on laptop speakers though so take with 0.001 mols of NaCl.

All the best, bye for now!

Aggie

07 Mar 2017

Cheers - I'll take a look.... :)
Adam Gill | BandLab

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2017

I happened to listen to this again today, has it been updated since your original post? as it was playing in the background (soundcloud running through tracks) and it really caught my attention, looked down and my feet were doing a little dance LOL

Aggie

15 Mar 2017

"Everything is a Work In Progress" - yep, I update things on the fly. Glad you like it! :)
Adam Gill | BandLab

• Information