(Spoken Word/Ambience) Goodbye My Love....

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Aggie

14 Mar 2017

Re-published, re-read, refreshed and with a totally new backing track;

Adam Gill | BandLab

jappe

18 Mar 2017

Aggie wrote:Re-published, re-read, refreshed and with a totally new backing track;

Beautiful. Is the original available for comparison?

One thing: I hear noise when the voice comes in.

Aggie

18 Mar 2017

jappe wrote:
Aggie wrote:Re-published, re-read, refreshed and with a totally new backing track;

I have overwritten the original with this one. Some of it is a re-read and I've been working hard to iron out the rumbles behind the voice parts

Thanks for listening!

Adam
Adam Gill | BandLab

Aggie

18 Mar 2017

Thanks for the advice - I've cleaned up the voice track considerably. I'd heard it myself so many times over, I guess I learnt to ignore the obvious artefacts, plosives, crackles and rumbles. I *think* I have it, now....

Adam Gill | BandLab

jappe

18 Mar 2017

Aggie wrote:
jappe wrote:

I have overwritten the original with this one. Some of it is a re-read and I've been working hard to iron out the rumbles behind the voice parts

Thanks for listening!

Adam
About the noise: I was thinking about the noise from around 3-16.5KHz.
Suddenly the noise level is increased by some 40dB just before the voice comes in. I actually hear some other lowfreq sound coming in exactly when the noise starts - another subtle sound, or perhaps at that spot you activate an EQ/Compressor or something that raises the noise level?

Here is an 2-seconds isolated section with only the background pad first, and then in the last part the noise + unidentified sound object comes in:
https://instaud.io/private/0d26618d1367 ... f3cb402a2a

The first part without noise:

The second part with noise:

jappe

18 Mar 2017

Aggie wrote:Thanks for the advice - I've cleaned up the voice track considerably. I'd heard it myself so many times over, I guess I learnt to ignore the obvious artefacts, plosives, crackles and rumbles. I *think* I have it, now....

It's much better now, but still there - it fades in rather than starts transiently.

Aggie

18 Mar 2017

...I'll try again.... perhaps if I fade up to each part a little..... as always, a "work in progress". Thanks so much for your analysis!
Adam Gill | BandLab

• Information