The Rider (Electronic)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TheMiles

27 Mar 2017

Compression sucks a bit, still I hope you enjoy this Track!
Let me know what you think :)

Audiotic

29 Mar 2017

I enjoyed it!
Especially when the energy takes up at around 1:36.
The electric guitar entering at 2:07 is great and gives a nice "hymn" feeling to the track.
Some of the elements are a bit to flat sound-wise and dont fully carry the "fat" intention of the track.
I dont like the clap sound on it's own and the crash sound on the every 2 promises more than it can keep ;)
But a little more work on the overall sound/fatness could work that all out.

TheMiles

29 Mar 2017

Thanks a lot for your critics and advice! And OC for listening !

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2017

I rather like this.

I think you could take this one of two ways: make it minimal or make it bombastic. Either could be great nut right now it feels frustrating because it is neither.

The guitar melody is great over the subtle chordal shift of the middle of the piece but it takes so long to happen. I think you need to show that melody (or a variation of it) earlier.

The mix also feels a bit confused, almost like you are aware that the elements are lacking so you tried to cover it up. A shame as it makes the ideas feel like they are hidden under creepers.

If you want a hand I am happy to help you with a re-work.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

TheMiles

29 Mar 2017

@Benedict :

A re-work together would be great! Do you need my Reason file ? (a lot of Res used though). I am making music by myself now for quite a long time and I am eager for some outside input !

Thanks for checking out my music and for your generous offer!

stxlm

30 Mar 2017

I like the vibe! The second half (from 1:35) is my favourite. I'd suggest "taking it there sooner". Love the guitar!

But yeah, the production has issues. It sounds squished, muffled. I think my biggest issue is the drums, they don't fit *at all*. One way to approach changing them could be auditioning pre-made loops from the library with the track, find out what sound you like the most and think about why.

• Information