(Spooky) It Came From the Fog

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
strangers
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2017

Hey guys,

Halloween is my favorite time of the year and have been working on a short, creepy track to share with you all. I was originally inspired by David Lynch's use of wooshing in all of his films and throughout Twin Peaks. I ran with the idea and took it to a creepy level for some spooky Halloween fun.

Hope you all enjoy!

AttenuationHz

31 Oct 2017

Cool track!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

strangers
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
31 Oct 2017
Cool track!
Thanks!

I know this isn't a normal song by any means. It was more of a short concept. The Lynch wooshing sound took me down an odd path. The eeriness of a dense fog had my brain going. The wooshing represents passing fog, a weird bell sound emerges, an uneasy but familiar music box chimes in to lead way to the creepy (unknown) music tucked in the middle of the dense fog which fades with time to pass through the fog.

Stupid but was the creepy story I worked up in my head while creating and mixing this piece.

AttenuationHz

01 Nov 2017

It would be pretty normal for the Intro/Outro of a TV show or something. That dark super natural theme going on. The static noise adds to the mysteriousness of the theme. If you can get your songs to translate what you are thinking then you have a special talent! Lot of art in the track can picture it being in a tv show or something it has a very specific theme.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

modecca

01 Nov 2017

Wanted to see how this song would match up with an 80's horror movie trailer.

🔗💥

AttenuationHz

01 Nov 2017

modecca wrote:
01 Nov 2017

:)
Greet book terrible Film!

strangers
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
01 Nov 2017
It would be pretty normal for the Intro/Outro of a TV show or something. That dark super natural theme going on. The static noise adds to the mysteriousness of the theme. If you can get your songs to translate what you are thinking then you have a special talent! Lot of art in the track can picture it being in a tv show or something it has a very specific theme.
The kind words are very encouraging. You've got me curious to see what else I can manage to translate from my head to my hands and into Reason. Could be an interesting path to venture down. I'm up for the challenge.
modecca wrote:
01 Nov 2017

That was a trip to see and hear. The Hellraiser movies used to freak me out when I was a kid. Even for being a horror nerd I haven't revisited those movies even though they're saved in my Netflix queue. Saw one of the ones from the early 2000's that had a more modern vibe to it, so maybe it's time to dive into the older ones.

I like how you got the movie title to match up nicely with the end of the music. Was very cool to see.

moneykube

02 Nov 2017

very good soundtrack :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

RTFX

02 Nov 2017

Good!!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

katerli1

04 Nov 2017

you have a few nice trax, was a pleasure listening to your stuff! left you also some love on your soundcloud channel.
greets,
kath sound

strangers
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2017

Big thanks to monkeykube and RTFX!
katerli1 wrote:
04 Nov 2017
you have a few nice trax, was a pleasure listening to your stuff! left you also some love on your soundcloud channel.
greets,
kath sound
Thanks for the support! I've got some new stuff in the works along with a new track I'm hoping to upload this week.

katerli1

06 Nov 2017

cool, I definitely will listen to it. maybe you mind checking out my trax as well, would appreciate some feedback.
greets,
kath sound

TheGodOfRainbows

27 Nov 2017

Great track! I love it. Good creepy melody and atmosphere, and it really feels like an 80s scary movie or tv theme.

strangers
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2017

katerli1 wrote:
06 Nov 2017
cool, I definitely will listen to it. maybe you mind checking out my trax as well, would appreciate some feedback.
greets,
kath sound
I made sure to check your music out and followed to keep up to date on any new releases!
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
27 Nov 2017
Great track! I love it. Good creepy melody and atmosphere, and it really feels like an 80s scary movie or tv theme.
Thanks! I'm very surprised by the positive feedback and how many of you guys enjoyed the track. I'll have to work on some more creepy ones to post. I do have a different kind of 80's-ish track nearly finished that I'll be able to post soon. It's a track I wrote for an awesome refill designer that should be out very soon. Stay tuned.

Last Alternative

30 Nov 2017

Strangers... Great name. Mysterious indeed.
Short but good. Definitely movie-worthy. I can imagine this playing while a serial killer is having his way with his victims.

Jace
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

strangers
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2017

Last Alternative wrote:
30 Nov 2017
Strangers... Great name. Mysterious indeed.
Short but good. Definitely movie-worthy. I can imagine this playing while a serial killer is having his way with his victims.

Jace
I guess you guys are forcing me to write some more like this one. Don't threaten me with a good time :lol:
Really appreciated all the support on this one, guys!

• Information