My new dreampop EP, Piaculum Arcana

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
esselfortium

04 Sep 2018

I put this together over the past couple months. It's the soundtrack to Sol Hemochroma, and also a standalone EP for your listening pleasure! Lots and lots of dreamy guitars on this one.

Get it from Bandcamp:

Share it on Twitter, if you're so inclined
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

AS7RO

04 Sep 2018

Those are some beautiful sounds and I love the dynamic range on these tracks.

Really a break from Loud War...

I could rock and roll to these!

Excellent fucking job!
Why are you reading this?

moalla

04 Sep 2018

your Record sounds a little bit like Genesis, well done really good mastering job Sarah
i´m not the biggest progressive rock fan, but your music soothes the soul
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Troublemecca

07 Sep 2018

these tracks are crying for vocals!!!!!!!! CRYING!!!!! Beautiful work, this calm simmer the whole way through, expressive vocals would make it boil.

esselfortium

07 Sep 2018

Thanks for the kind words, all!
Troublemecca wrote:
07 Sep 2018
these tracks are crying for vocals!!!!!!!! CRYING!!!!! Beautiful work, this calm simmer the whole way through, expressive vocals would make it boil.
Writing music for vocals would be interesting to do someday! That's an area I haven't had the opportunity to explore much just yet.

Because these were written as the soundtrack to a recently released visual novel, Sol Hemochroma, I did want to keep things at least somewhat sedate so that the music doesn't completely overwhelm what you're reading as it plays. I still squeezed in as much depth and melodic interest as I could, though, as that's just how I like to do things :puf_smile:
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

eusti

07 Sep 2018

I really like this! Great job! :)

D.

Pete B

07 Sep 2018

The opening of the first track reminded me of early New Order; just the guitar sounds I suppose. It sounds like it's missing some singing, or maybe the melodic instruments could be more forward. But I suppose that might not suit its job as a soundtrack. Pleasant listening.

• Information