(Heavy Beat) - Desert Crawler

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

I'm in a bit of a weird phase right now creatively, where trying shit out and experimentation is more important than getting a good end result.
This is a short bit where I've played around with distortion, Evolution, Fritz.
Not sure if this track will be extended into a full track at some point. For now this is it.

EDIT: The song has now been updated. The song is now reworked and extended. So many of the comments in this thread won't make sense anymore.

Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 05 Feb 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Rising Night Wave

29 Jan 2022

i like this track. just maybe or perhaps repeat the whole thing.
it is too good for this shortness. but on the other hand or side
this makes thing even more interesting. in a vein: less is more.

gut!
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

moofi

29 Jan 2022

nice one :-) the melodiy is a little klingy, could use some taming eqing I find.

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

Makes me think of a nightmare movie scene.
Sounds great!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
29 Jan 2022

gut!
Yeah well see. If feel motivated to play around with it in the next coming weeks I might come up with one more part and extend it. If I feel like doing other stuff I'll leave it as it is.

Rising Night Wave

29 Jan 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2022
Rising Night Wave wrote:
29 Jan 2022

gut!
Yeah well see. If feel motivated to play around with it in the next coming weeks I might come up with one more part and extend it. If I feel like doing other stuff I'll leave it as it is.
no matter what... this what you have done is great.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

moofi wrote:
29 Jan 2022
nice one :-) the melodiy is a little klingy, could use some taming eqing I find.
I can see what you mean. It's very plingy/coiny sounding. Listening to it now, I can't decide if I find it annoying or if I like it. The less intellectual side of me says to leave it as it is. The song is supposed to sound a bit shit/ugly/distorted. Maybe if find it annoying a couple of weeks from now I'll going back to tame it. But it hasn't bothered me up to this point.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

rare_shadow wrote:
29 Jan 2022
Makes me think of a nightmare movie scene.
Sounds great!
I can see that. :puf_smile:
Thanks.

moofi

29 Jan 2022

Well, not really annyoing, more like more pleasant with less high mid/hi peaks in it. Smoother listening :-)
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2022
moofi wrote:
29 Jan 2022
I can see what you mean. It's very plingy/coiny sounding. Listening to it now, I can't decide if I find it annoying or if I like it. The less intellectual side of me says to leave it as it is. The song is supposed to sound a bit shit/ugly/distorted. Maybe if find it annoying a couple of weeks from now I'll going back to tame it. But it hasn't bothered me up to this point.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

moofi wrote:
29 Jan 2022
Well, not really annyoing, more like more pleasant with less high mid/hi peaks in it. Smoother listening :-)
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2022

Yeah I assumed that's what you meant. I did a quick try with changing the EQ, tame it a bit, but the melody kind of got lost in the heavily distorted beat which takes up a lot of frequency range. And the balance between the bass/mids/highs got a bit messed up too. Oh well. I guess the song will remain unsmooth :D

moofi

29 Jan 2022

Had a little go on the sum filtering out at least some klingyness. Not perfect yet, especially in the high range, yet still working so far I find.
Btw I found it is/was more like an overall issue because the screachiness derived aswell from the percussion.
First part is the original, second the EQed.
klingy reduced.mp3
(671.76 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
klingy reduced EQ.jpg
klingy reduced EQ.jpg (110.62 KiB) Viewed 2935 times
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2022
moofi wrote:
29 Jan 2022

Yeah I assumed that's what you meant. I did a quick try with changing the EQ, tame it a bit, but the melody kind of got lost in the heavily distorted beat which takes up a lot of frequency range. And the balance between the bass/mids/highs got a bit messed up too. Oh well. I guess the song will remain unsmooth :D

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2022

moofi wrote:
29 Jan 2022
Had a little go on the sum filtering out at least some klingyness. Not perfect yet, especially in the high range, yet still working so far I find.
Btw I found it is/was more like an overall issue because the screachiness derived aswell from the percussion.
First part is the original, second the EQed.
klingy reduced.mp3
klingy reduced EQ.jpg
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2022

Cool, thanks. For all its flaws I think I prefer the original mix still.

moofi

30 Jan 2022

Cheers :-)

Hoboys

30 Jan 2022

This is very interesting sonically. Good start. Go go go!

Rising Night Wave

30 Jan 2022

as said before it is a good song for a soundtrack of a movie. this song reminds me of some sort movie with horror/gore/splatter and chinese/swords and matrix themes mixed alltogether.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2022

Looks like the song might be extended after all. Wrote a second beat today. The song is already kind of disjointed in a way so it could work. Still not a full tune.
This bit starts off where the initial song ends. Of course the arrangement/order might change.

stratatonic

30 Jan 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
30 Jan 2022
Looks like the song might be extended after all. Wrote a second beat today. The song is already kind of disjointed in a way so it could work. Still not a full tune.
This bit starts off where the initial song ends. Of course the arrangement/order might change.

That's a nasty Desert Crawler. Nicely heavy. Looking forward to the whole thing - whenever you get around to finishing it. :thumbup:

• Information