Apocalyptic Rock- First Reason 12 Project

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
JohnnyBee 67

29 Apr 2022

I recently upgraded to Reason 12 from 7 a few weeks ago. I also bought into the Emvoice one vocal synth program, so this is not me singing but I am doing harmony background in the last verse. I did this mostly as a way to re learn Reason and learn Emvoice one. I brought along EZ Drummer 2 and EZ Keys, Trilian Bass, Session Strings Pro 2, and NI Vintage Organ (B3). The rest is in the Reason rack. I know I have a long way to go to master R12 but this is an important first step. Suggestions welcome. It's apocalyptic, kind of Alan Parsons Project.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songIn ... D=14426711
:-) John B

Uman's

29 Apr 2022

Hi

It's a good pop !
An interesting voice and beautiful lyrics.

Just a remark, I find that the bagpipes in the first track are not natural enough.
Regardless, the album is really good.

Thx for sharing
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

JohnnyBee 67

29 Apr 2022

Uman's wrote:
29 Apr 2022
Hi

It's a good pop !
An interesting voice and beautiful lyrics.

Just a remark, I find that the bagpipes in the first track are not natural enough.
Regardless, the album is really good.

Thx for sharing
Thanks. The "bagpipes" are supposed to be an electric guitar lead, It's in the NN19 sampler, (but I can see why one would mistake it for bagpipes). ;) As it probably doesn't sound like a real guitar either, I'll just call it a synth voice,

:-) JB

Uman's

30 Apr 2022

This sound spoils the piece a bit I think.
We don't know what it is and that focuses our attention.
We remember this sound all the track, and that ignores the rest of the track which is really very good.

Are you going to leave it that way ? :lol:

JohnnyBee 67

30 Apr 2022

Uman's wrote:
30 Apr 2022
This sound spoils the piece a bit I think.
We don't know what it is and that focuses our attention.
We remember this sound all the track, and that ignores the rest of the track which is really very good.

Are you going to leave it that way ? :lol:
Actually I am hoping that someone here can help me with that. The sound does grate on me in that it is so high and hard to control. You may take notice that I make an attempt at harmony on the left side which can't be heard too well because of the damned frequency of it, or something and you're right. It's not an endearing part of the song and it's the weakest disappointment. But to me this is "kind" of the sound I want there . It's in the NN19 sampler and it's called "HeavyGtrThinOut. I like it because it sound like a loud majestic howling sound like an electric guitar would make. I would appreciate any help or suggestions in making this something that doesn't focus one's attention to where it takes away from the rest of the song. Maybe an alternate patch and/or different EQ setting.......?

Thanks

:DJB

Popey
Competition Winner

01 May 2022

Not my usual genre but thoroughly enjoyed this. very good production and vocals.

JohnnyBee 67

01 May 2022

Popey wrote:
01 May 2022
Not my usual genre but thoroughly enjoyed this. very good production and vocals.
Thanks so much, Popey.
:-) John B

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2022

Was going to offer to record real guitar for you but the guitar I’ve borrowed is total shit. Still waiting for my Jazzmaster to show up. That’s over a year now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Mich01

01 May 2022

Hi John,
I think this is a nice track. I like the chordprgressions.
To 'upgrade' the guitar sound, I suggest you use guitarpatches in the NN-XT (stock) connected to a Softtube amplifier (stock). Also a guitarpstch via a screamdevice can do miracles, especially when you tweak the body-parameters a bit.
The on my track (and full album) Facts & Fakes & Fairytales, most of the lead and rythm-guitars are done with NN-XT.
Have fun, greetzz Michel

WOO

01 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2022
Was going to offer to record real guitar for you but the guitar I’ve borrowed is total shit. Still waiting for my Jazzmaster to show up. That’s over a year now.
Damn! Is a fender employee walking it from the fender factory to your front door?

JohnnyBee 67

01 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2022
I so much appreciate the offer, but I gave up working with other musicians over the internet years ago for various reasons. No offense to you and again, it's nice of you to offer but I respectfully decline. :-)
JB

JohnnyBee 67

01 May 2022

Mich01 wrote:
01 May 2022
Hi John,
To 'upgrade' the guitar sound, I suggest you use guitarpatches in the NN-XT (stock) connected to a Softtube amplifier (stock). Also a guitarpstch via a screamdevice can do miracles, especially when you tweak the body-parameters a bit.
The on my track (and full album) Facts & Fakes & Fairytales, most of the lead and rythm-guitars are done with NN-XT.
Have fun, greetzz Michel
Thank you for your suggestion. I've never got much into the custom patching aspect of Reason, though I think it's a cool concept. I wonder if you could guide me through the process you describe above. I'd be much obliged.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2022

JohnnyBee 67 wrote:
01 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2022
I so much appreciate the offer, but I gave up working with other musicians over the internet years ago for various reasons. No offense to you and again, it's nice of you to offer but I respectfully decline. :-)
JB
I said I was going to offer. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

JohnnyBee 67

01 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2022
JohnnyBee 67 wrote:
01 May 2022

JB
I know. I just wanted to clarify my position just in case you changed your mind after you replace your "shit" guitar. Again , thanks for your "potential" offer.
:puf_smile: John B

JohnnyBee 67

01 May 2022

JohnnyBee 67 wrote:
01 May 2022
Mich01 wrote:
01 May 2022
Hi John,
Have fun, greetzz Michel
Thank you for your suggestion. I've never got much into the custom patching aspect of Reason, though I think it's a cool concept. I wonder if you could guide me through the process you describe above. I'd be much obliged.

Mich01;
I just checked out the program. It seems that it does self patch. IIRC the effect will self patch by loading it under the instrument. I'll play around with it to see if I can get a better sound. Thanks again.
:puf_smile: JB

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2022

JohnnyBee 67 wrote:
01 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2022

I know. I just wanted to clarify my position just in case you changed your mind after you replace your "shit" guitar. Again , thanks for your "potential" offer.
:puf_smile: John B
It's not my shit guitar. It's borrowed :). Thanks for the thanks. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Uman's

01 May 2022

I just think we have to try other sounds to go through and keep the game on track.
It could be a violin for example, because I don't see a guitar there.
The playing of the instrument is very slow, so you don't need struck strings, not a guitar.

Mich01

02 May 2022

Hi John

I've sent you a PM.
Have fun

greetzz Michel

• Information