(Electronic Pop/Rock) MANIAC cover

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
JC1

30 Apr 2023

Hi everyone,

This is my version of the song Maniac that I'm doing with a friend atm.
It's a cross between the original Sembello version and the Carpenter Brut version.

I will be adding my guitar and vocal tracks as soon as I can, but for now this is the almost completed backing track for it.

Have a listen and let me know what you all think!

Thanks! 😁✌️

JC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bgvddmghsbe4 ... b.wav?dl=0
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

JC1

28 May 2023

Old link is invalid. This is an updated link. Improvements from the last version, base level EQ and compression, increased power and drive throughout overall track.

Guitars and singing will be commencing within 2 weeks. I will make a SoundCloud profile and link that very soon as well.

Thanks! 😁✌️

JC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7fzbz4jg8ecc ... b.wav?dl=0
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 May 2023

Never heard the original tune, so I can only go by what I hear in this version.
Nice drive and energy. Good thumping beat. You've got a nice foundation here.
I can see guitars and vocals being added like you mentioned.
I could comment on some mixing details, but I feel like it's kind of pointless before all the instruments are added. Mixing it's all about how everything works together anyway. Let us know when the song has progressed.

JC1

30 May 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
30 May 2023
I could comment on some mixing details, but I feel like it's kind of pointless before all the instruments are added.
Thank you for listening Tritone, I was hoping that you would 😂
No no, definitely comment if you have any, I don't care how pointless it is or what it's even about. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I want to do this cover justice cos it is a great song. I never heard it myself until I heard the Brut cover a few years ago and I instantly fell in love with it.

But I will certainly keep you updated as we progress with the recording though! 👍✌️

• Information