Radical Piano Demo

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Mattvank

31 Jul 2023

I took a midifile of a theme from the game ,Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis´´. It´s impressive how realistic Radical Piano sounds. Don´t forget to listen to the speechless padsound(multiple Algorithm) :D

choomanching

31 Jul 2023

Mattvank wrote:
31 Jul 2023
I took a midifile of a theme from the game ,Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis´´. It´s impressive how realistic Radical Piano sounds. Don´t forget to listen to the speechless padsound(multiple Algorithm) :D
your thing sounds great by the way

but even on my phone that piano doesn’t sound good to my ears , compare it to like a lot of native instruments pianos and you will hear the sound difference straightaway , i prefer the id8 to radical piano which has really good controls but just a cheap sound for me which is better suited in a pop song i feel , just not for solo piano

integerpoet

31 Jul 2023

choomanching wrote:
31 Jul 2023
but even on my phone that piano doesn’t sound good to my ears , compare it to like a lot of native instruments pianos and you will hear the sound difference straightaway , i prefer the id8 to radical piano which has really good controls but just a cheap sound for me which is better suited in a pop song i feel , just not for solo piano
Of course, there's a difference between a piano and a pianist and a MIDI file from an old video game.

If all the notes in a chord have the same velocity and start time and duration, it will sound wrong. Seems likely that any plug-in (RE or VST or whatever) which doesn't offer a way to mix that up will sound robotic without a lot of effort. And if you don't use the (simulated) sustain pedal, the results will also be disappointing. Worse than not using the sustain pedal is substituting reverb. Then you just extend the roboticism!

A MIDI file from an old video game might be a perfect storm of these problems because the game's playback "instrument" might not have been capable of any of these things and listeners might not have been exposed to anything better. In this case it might be helpful to hear what the game sounded like and judge how much better Radical Piano sounds without having changed anything else.

But yeah I'm working on a track right now whose melodic voice is -- right now -- Radical Piano. It's intriguing to me that you say you like ID8 better. But beyond that what VST is better than ID8? You mentioned NI…

choomanching

31 Jul 2023

integerpoet wrote:
31 Jul 2023
choomanching wrote:
31 Jul 2023
Of course, there's a difference between a piano and a pianist and a MIDI file from an old video game.

If all the notes in a chord have the same velocity and start time and duration, it will sound wrong. Seems likely that any plug-in (RE or VST or whatever) which doesn't offer a way to mix that up will sound robotic without a lot of effort. And if you don't use the (simulated) sustain pedal, the results will also be disappointing. Worse than not using the sustain pedal is substituting reverb. Then you just extend the roboticism!

A MIDI file from an old video game might be a perfect storm of these problems because the game's playback "instrument" might not have been capable of any of these things and listeners might not have been exposed to anything better. In this case it might be helpful to hear what the game sounded like and judge how much better Radical Piano sounds without having changed anything else.

But yeah I'm working on a track right now whose melodic voice is -- right now -- Radical Piano. It's intriguing to me that you say you like ID8 better. But beyond that what VST is better than ID8? You mentioned NI…
i think people undestimate the id8

because of the lack of controls

the sample is a close mic sample from
reason pianos
i compared them and recorded the samples i forget the exact one because i don’t have reason pianos

i like radical pianos controls and the synth but the sound just ain’t it when you compare to the gentleman and other ni pianos even xln audio grand is better

i would use radical piano for a different type of sound or in a mix not for solo piano

bossa
Competition Winner

01 Aug 2023

Very nice 8bit computer graphic!

selig
RE Developer

01 Aug 2023

choomanching wrote:
31 Jul 2023
the sample is a close mic sample from
reason pianos
i compared them and recorded the samples i forget the exact one because i don’t have reason pianos
It’s my favorite from Reason Pianos (Steinway D) so I like it too!
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information