Universe(II) (My Parsec track)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2015

Started off by trying to recreate the old Universe sound from the Korg T1/M1 and got a little side tracked, as you do :D

This is a new link of changes made (Once you click on it you may get a slight pause before it starts playing)

http://www.workingasone.org/test/music/Universe_II.mp3

jappe

29 Apr 2015

Hello Carly!
I'm on a mission to fix the zero review-posts here.
Every now and then you find really great tunes here, that has zero reviews for weeks. You just have to be patient on this site until someone in your audience finds the post.

Very pleasant intro.
Uplifting harmonies without sounding cheesy.
This is like musical healing :) .

I give this 10 of 10.

submonsterz

29 Apr 2015

yeah realy nice tune :) .
I think the snare needs more snappier sound to it or be dropped more back into the track rather than so loud and pokey as is I can only hear that fitting nicer at that level you have it by being a lot more snappier :thumbup: .

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2015

Thanks for your feedback well appreciated..
Hello Carly!
I'm on a mission to fix the zero review-posts here.
Thanks for that Jappe and your comments..
I think the snare needs more snappier sound to it or be dropped more back into the track rather than so loud and pokey as is I can only hear that fitting nicer at that level you have it by being a lot more snappier
It's a sample snare from my T1, I did take it down by 3db and that sounded OK.
Just took a bit of the reverb of the snare and it makes it sound tighter however I see I need to automate that as when the snare first starts of I think it needs that little bit reverb for a couple of bars then it can be made nice and tight again.

Tincture

29 Apr 2015

It's a very good song Carly. In my opinion the watery very wide sound should make way for the more powerfully musical pad though. Keep things soaring as elements are introduced. The watery wide sound is excellent as an intro but loses interest compared to the other elements that are introduced. Talented :)

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2015

Hi Carly

I'm with Tincture on the Parsec Water effect. It is a great sound (one that Parsec may become famous for) but after a short time it just becomes clutter. Fade in and out at key moments and people will walk away thinking it is across the whole track but really it is the melodies that will carry the vibe. I did exactly that with the same Parsec effect here.

I agree the snare seems a bit static. Between the water and the snare the real body gets a bit lost. Shame as it is a very pleasing piece.

Always remember music is in the melodies and never the effects - no matter what anyone tries to suggest.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Sinistereo

29 Apr 2015

I agree with everyone else's input. Really nice track! Very much enjoyed listening to it. (Thanks for resurrecting this thread, jappe!)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2015

Thanks all, I do appreciate the feedback and ideas, will be looking into very soon as I have some holiday coming up and I know I will have some spare time to revisit a few of my songs, better get some more up here for feedback, gives me something to work on :)  

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2015

In fact I have a couple more on here which could do with more feedback..

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/the-take ... 1286127528

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/fusion-w ... 1286818768

Thanks

mbfrancis

01 May 2015

This is very nice, beautiful.  I love the beat...nice and simple.  I would bring in other drums for the fills. Love the vocoder sound coming in half way through, very cool.  I agree with other comments that the water sounds gets old, although it did bring me back to 1989!
Good stuff, thanks for posting.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 May 2015

Thanks for you feedback and I will be making changes to the song\mix..

NOTE: submonsterz and Benedict I have made a copy of the comments ref "The Take in" on that thread, so you can remove your comments ref that song on here please, that way it keeps this thread about one song only :) thanks..

submonsterz

01 May 2015

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Thanks for you feedback and I will be making changes to the song\mix..

NOTE: submonsterz and Benedict I have made a copy of the comments ref "The Take in" on that thread, so you can remove your comments ref that song on here please, that way it keeps this thread about one song only :) thanks..
delete done and I did a quick fiddle over on that track on other thread.
you`ll need to go listen and then tell to delete when ya have done ok.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 May 2015

Been playing big time with this one, maybe too much now...

Anyway thoughts on this one.

BTW once you click the link you will have to wait as the file is downloaded (unless you have a super fast connection), hope it works  :)

JNeffLind

02 May 2015

I agree with Benedict about the water sound. It's great as a sort of texture effect and sets the mood well but I'd move it more into the background or remove it completely at points. 

Besides that I find this to be a very beautiful track, very mellow and chilled out. I think you pace your changes well (both in terms of sound design and chord changes) which is an issue for me with a lot of electronic music (seems like many sit on a certain sound or progression longer than I like). But you keep this moving, which keeps it interesting. Very cool.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 May 2015

JNeffLind wrote:I agree with Benedict about the water sound. It's great as a sort of texture effect and sets the mood well but I'd move it more into the background or remove it completely at points. 

Besides that I find this to be a very beautiful track, very mellow and chilled out. I think you pace your changes well (both in terms of sound design and chord changes) which is an issue for me with a lot of electronic music (seems like many sit on a certain sound or progression longer than I like). But you keep this moving, which keeps it interesting. Very cool.
Did you see this link ? (hope it works)

It's an update of the song, I used the water sound for the intro and end part only, made a few other changes as once the water sound was removed it left a nice hole to be filled and I filled it... :D

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 May 2015

Have made a number of changes, thoughts ?

• Information