After too many months - Wind in the Woods

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
BarbaraC

16 Feb 2015

https://soundcloud.com/frame-locker/wind-in-the-woods

Several of you know I took a powder for a bunch of months, and then when I opened Reason, I realized I'd forgotten more than I ever  knew, but with great intensity and cussing,  and keeping it simple out of rampant stupidity, I created a ditty using Radical Piano, a patch called Canyon Flight that I created last year and is somewhere or other here, a couple different drums, and something from a 3rd Floor Sound refill. You can like it or not like it. Doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is falling back in love with Reason.

Last Alternative

17 Feb 2015

Yeah.. I took that powder for over 2 years and it destroyed my whole life. That was long ago and I hate it now. Never again! Glad you got back into Reason. This piece is interesting. Ambient I'd say. I feel like I should do some meditating or yoga or something. I really like it.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

BarbaraC

18 Feb 2015

Thanks for listening!

The "ambiance" you so rightly detected comes from the fact that much of the music I write is destined to be a soundtrack for videos of the effects I create for ProShow Producer, video slide show software. The music needs a certain amount of interest, but it must never overwhelm the ad.

Here's the upcoming ad (still unlisted) so you can see what I mean:

BarbaraC

18 Feb 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:Well it's like almost the best track in The World, mate, as you wanted to make, I remember! :)

Mellow music, good!
I totally forgot my claim that I was going to make the best music ever. :D

Yes, mellow is a requirement for what I do, particularly since my customers are almost exclusively old farts. Not a problem for me, given that I'm an old fart too. We all cut our grownup teeth on the Five Satins' "In the Still of the Night."

Soft Enerji

18 Feb 2015

really nicely done...........

clone

19 Feb 2015

Well done! It was putting me to sleep, but not in a boring way, but in a soothing and relaxing way. Good stuff.

BarbaraC

19 Feb 2015

@Soft Enerji & clone: Thanks for the comments!

I vaguely remember a discussion on the Propellerhead forum about influences in our musical direction, and what sticks with me is the influential song lists people created. By looking at a list, you could gauge the approximate age of a person, which at first surprised me because I kept wondering how the younger people could have missed entire eras. Had they ever heard it? Did they even know it existed? But then I started thinking about myself and my childhood where it was classical mixed with crooners and jazz singing. Rock didn't exist. Just as we learn to speak and understand the language we're born into, so it would seem the same thing happens with music. We can learn to speak another language, and we can learn to appreciate a broader range of music, but we think in "our own" music just as we think in our native language.

Enough analysis. It serves no particular purpose.

Scoobyman II

19 Feb 2015

With all the new Avatars, I'm still catching up with who is who from PUF. Nice mellow music.

• Information