I'm A Stone

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
liampatrickingram

13 May 2015

Hey everyone,

Just finished a new track - "I'm A Stone."  Laid-back acoustic tune, takes a little bit to develop.  I'm looking for feedback to make changes as this is a rough edit.  I was thinking a bit more automation on the strings for realism, as well as some work on the drums still.  But let me know what you think so far.  Thanks for listening!

Liam

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 May 2015

This is first listen so may not be what I think after a few listens but I find the strummed guitar very samey. Can you shake that up some: different articulations, picking etc.?

The core of the song is nice and I am happy with the "orchestration". Once the main parts are made to be lively (even if subtle) then they will be the support and that is all they need to be in the situation.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Soft Enerji

13 May 2015

I'm gonna disagree with my buddy above and say that this song carries itself really well. I enjoyed the development throughout and lyrically I was quite moved.........so nice work! Liked and followed on SC!

Cheers

Mark

liampatrickingram

13 May 2015

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Benedict, I will take that into consideration.  I planned on having the guitar be steady with the simple BD/HH drum pattern to lull the listener into the song.  But after listening again, the parts with just guitar at least could use some variation - I may do that completely with a new acoustic guitar track panned left that fades out when the sound gets bigger!

Thanks

Tincture

16 May 2015

I think it works really well. Instead of doing a left panned guitar in the intro you could try an almost dry DDL-1 delay at say 3/16 or 6/16 panned fairly far left on the guitar that's already there and see what that sounds like... (it will take it back in the mix a bit tho'). Really enjoyed it.

xxASMxx

16 May 2015

liampatrickingram wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys!

Benedict, I will take that into consideration.  I planned on having the guitar be steady with the simple BD/HH drum pattern to lull the listener into the song.  But after listening again, the parts with just guitar at least could use some variation - I may do that completely with a new acoustic guitar track panned left that fades out when the sound gets bigger!

Thanks
I'm not sure I agree with his assessment but it is his opinion.  The steady guitar line doesn't bother me at all as it lays down the foundation and pace of the track.  I think the embellishments should come from the surrounding elements like the piano, percussion, and possible an additional 'riffing' guitar and/or vocal. 

Nice track BTW

FGL

19 May 2015

Very good Song with a good Voice. Around 1.44 it has the right Sound. I think this comes from layering Instruments with more Reverb. I would try to get the same room in the whole Song.
Music:
My Songs on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@FGLucas-wj1eg.
My Songs on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/frank-georg-lucas.

Tau Ceti

21 May 2015

Think it sounds great.
Its a very good song!

• Information