Trance: Avensa - Mia San Mia

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
avensa

04 Aug 2015

Hey guy,
Today my track 'Mia San Mia' was released on Blow The Roof Records. It's a mixture between Progressive Trance & House.

If you wish to listen, you can do so here;

If you liked it and wish to purchase it, you can buy it here; https://pro.beatport.com/release/avensa/1577419

Would love to hear what you guys think of it.

-AVENSA

Thousand Ways

08 Aug 2015

Immaculate production, and I like the discipline of it. You expect it to blow up (no pun intended) into some dreadful, predictable trance stomp toward the end, but it retains its cool. It almost feels like two consecutive pieces to me, rather than all one – the transition occurring around 2:30–2:42. Maybe the two parts could have had their own titles, as per Kraftwerk's 'Trans-Europa Express' –> 'Metall auf Metall'.

Intake of breath around 2:54: did you record this, or did you sample it from somewhere?

I don't understand why all releases on Blow The Roof come with a download cover whose credit text is too small to read. Presumably the covers never appear larger than they do on the Beatport page. That, and the non-functioning barcode (white reversed-out, even if printed at the proper size, would not 'read'), seem a bit daft.

avensa

08 Aug 2015

Thousand Ways wrote:Immaculate production, and I like the discipline of it. You expect it to blow up (no pun intended) into some dreadful, predictable trance stomp toward the end, but it retains its cool. It almost feels like two consecutive pieces to me, rather than all one – the transition occurring around 2:30–2:42. Maybe the two parts could have had their own titles, as per Kraftwerk's 'Trans-Europa Express' –> 'Metall auf Metall'.

Intake of breath around 2:54: did you record this, or did you sample it from somewhere?

I don't understand why all releases on Blow The Roof come with a download cover whose credit text is too small to read. Presumably the covers never appear larger than they do on the Beatport page. That, and the non-functioning barcode (white reversed-out, even if printed at the proper size, would not 'read'), seem a bit daft.
Thank you!. :) That is from a sample pack. It's from the Vengeance Studio Vocals pack, sample 015 ('One Shot' folder). I simply reversed it and pitched it up. I used the echo algorithm in the RV7000 for the delay, in the 4/16 time, which almost makes it sound like the reverb in going in a sidechain effect (which is something really cool to create a lot of space)

I never understood the barcode either. This is my first release on a label, so it could be to do something with other portals too, like Amazon, Juno, etc... Or maybe it's just for show. It does seem daft to be fair. Text basically just says that the track is by X and is released on Blow The Roof, also the artwork creators are credited. Nothing special to be honest.

Thanks again,
-AVENSA

pLansford

10 Aug 2015

Cutting it pretty short at 05:30 don't ya think? Now I hear the reverse clap thing you were going on about. IIRC you improved the kick drum mix compared to what I heard last. Solid track - congrats on the release. I would like to hear you mess with some crazy FM synth sounds and take the trance up a notch.

avensa

14 Aug 2015

pLansford wrote:Cutting it pretty short at 05:30 don't ya think? Now I hear the reverse clap thing you were going on about. IIRC you improved the kick drum mix compared to what I heard last. Solid track - congrats on the release. I would like to hear you mess with some crazy FM synth sounds and take the trance up a notch.
Thank you! I've changed this track up so many times I thought it would never be completed. Worth the time and effort though. I've been learning a lot about FM synthesis lately. Absolutely loving the experimentation. Hopefully within the next week or two I will have a copy of Reason 8, then a whole new world will open up to me haha :D

-AVENSA

ojmsn4544

15 Aug 2015

Good Stuff @Avensa your gonna love Reason 8 especially if you like to drop in samples like rises and drops. I do that when I need something quick. Keep up the good work.

Puckboy2000

15 Aug 2015

Great Song! (as always) :)
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2015

Classy sound.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

avensa

16 Aug 2015

Puckboy2000 wrote:Great Song! (as always) :)
Thank you! :)

Kenni
Site Admin

07 Sep 2015

Really enjoyed this!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Majestik Monkey

10 Sep 2015

Yeh Top Track Avensa
Very clean & neat production ....

• Information