(Deep Techno (?)) Optional Lights

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
semomat

26 Dec 2015

Hi guys and merry christmas :-) !

Been rushing this one out of the door in like three days (might lack a bit of mixing and mastering though), but the rest is quite finished.
A bit darker and more minimalistic than my usual style, but who cares :)

Here you go (old version):

And here is the new version:
Last edited by semomat on 02 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

CaliforniaBurrito

26 Dec 2015

Last edited by CaliforniaBurrito on 16 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

semomat

26 Dec 2015

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:Minimalistic, dark and exactly my cup of tea! Well done and thanks for inspiring!
Thanks man! This kind of Electronic Sound is also currently my Favorite style, therefore trying to do it myself within Reason. Originally intended to have it even more minimalistic, but I often tend to add more and more stuff here and there, ending up with a sound like this :)

4filegate

29 Dec 2015

sound design is pleasant - for my taste the clap came too harsh might more dry like the last few bars. I heard them on AKG-K701 &. multiple audio systems

semomat

29 Dec 2015

4filegate wrote:sound design is pleasant - for my taste the clap came too harsh might more dry like the last few bars. I heard them on AKG-K701 &. multiple audio systems
Thx mate. Indeed the Track needs proper mixing/mastering. New version already in the making, might post it later tonight.

SEM

Chizmata

29 Dec 2015

very cool idea, i like it, but really needs some mixing (that compression when the drums kick in... :shock:) dont waste this potential

jappe

01 Jan 2016

semomat wrote:Hi guys and merry christmas :-) !

Been rushing this one out of the door in like three days (might lack a bit of mixing and mastering though), but the rest is quite finished.
A bit darker and more minimalistic than my usual style, but who cares :)
Here you go:

Hi again Semomat,

I liked the sound of this. It was mentioned that the clap is too harsh, but I can't actually hear that when listening on my small Genelec speakers + Krk sub.
But, my sub works a lot though in this tune. Perhaps a tiny little too much sub - or what do you other reasontalkers listening with a sub think?
It could also be some standing wave in my imperfect listening environment.

Emian

02 Jan 2016

Very atmospheric song, love that lead synth stab sound!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

semomat

02 Jan 2016

Just uploaded the new version, with a bit more focus on mastering this time :)

4filegate

05 Jan 2016

Way to go!
It's just a opinion; sidechain routing BD split to Bass + Snare/Clap, compressor does a humanise job here.
Midi/audio lane - through ReGroove patch e.g. adelic/snake/MPCshuffle send breeze and mood "was at once with the world

or something like; fisher prefered sunglasses with polarized filter - let see him ground and makes water transparent

ebop

06 Jan 2016

Awesome tune semomat. Deep as f**k but uplifting. Love it.

semomat

06 Jan 2016

Thanks ebop and 4filegate (although I don't completely get what you, 4filegate, want to tell me exactly :) ...)!

4filegate

06 Jan 2016

semomat wrote:Thanks ebop and 4filegate (although I don't completely get what you, 4filegate, want to tell me exactly :) ...)!
look around you [creative case]

P.M. I speak German ;)

cr1st0

25 Jan 2016

I like, nothing to add.
:reason: Reason 4 User

RTFX

26 Jan 2016

Good track. Well produced. I checked both versions. Non mastered was sub a little too much resulting in losing the other freqs. Mastered version had more room to breathe. Better! I liked the stab or gated pad after the break at 3:00. Gave me that let's-take- a-trip-through-space feeling. Good job. What's next? ;)
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

The_G

26 Jan 2016

Really nice reverb and delay work on this track! Also very spacious mix--sounds are suitably big but also have space. Good stuff.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

fotizimo

27 Jan 2016

Really love the space on this track. Haunting and moving at the same time. Well done!
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

• Information