[electronical[Break Beat Melody???]] Atmo

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
aburazaru

17 Jul 2016

I'm honestly not sure what genre/sub-genre this would fall under but it's what I spent my afternoon chasing down. I found a neat sample I liked and was trying to reproduce it in reason. Thoughts?

Last edited by aburazaru on 28 Jul 2016, edited 1 time in total.
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

Aggie

23 Jul 2016

...it's.... kinda..... synthpop... yeah.... synth.. no... pop... no... wait.. ...what...?

Love the percussion! :)

Thanks for uploading,
aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

aburazaru

27 Jul 2016

Haha, yeah, I dunno what it is, but it was fun to make!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

Last Alternative

28 Jul 2016

If I had to say the style I'd say breakbeat melody. That's probably not a genre but that's my take. It's a nice groove and tune. Sounds pro. Too short. I think you should expand on it and make it a full tune. I really like it and that's all it's missing - some kind of change after the break like a bridge, then back to the main part/outro.

-Jace
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

aburazaru

28 Jul 2016

Thanks, dude! I've been dying to sit down and work on this track but work has been getting in the way! Finally got a chance to dive in and mess with it. Here's where I ended up. Renamed the thread too, haha.

logicalpocket

31 Jul 2016

Not a genre I've heard much before. Clark did some similar stuff on the album Body Riddle which I highly suggest you check out.

I thought this was really cool! There's not normally this much focus on melody with breakbeat tracks, it's really refreshing.
Blep

aburazaru

01 Aug 2016

Haha, thanks! Checking out that Clark album now! Already interesting.

logicalpocket

03 Aug 2016

aburazaru wrote:Haha, thanks! Checking out that Clark album now! Already interesting.
I got to thinking of a couple of other artists that do similar things. Wisp is a good one to check out, his stuff is more like melodic breakcore (he's in my top 5 electronic artists). I'd also recommend checking out Kettel, the album 'happy smiling cow' in particular has a couple of tracks like this :)
Blep

• Information