(Downtempo/Ambient) Like Every Day

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
adfielding

02 Sep 2016

Hey all! So, I've spent an awful lot of time writing really big bombastic music for production use, and today I figured I could really do with a change from that kind of style. I also decided today would be a great time to get the hardware out again and try writing something combining hardware & software... and here's what popped out :) I didn't write it for any reason in particular, so it's more of a sketch than anything else I guess.

I ended up using Expanse for the pad sound at the start and throughout, one Thor instance for the sub bass, and DrumSpillage for the percussion (man I wish DrumSpillage was a RE!). Everything else (besides vox & guitars) is a mixture of Volca Keys/Bass and a Monotribe run through a Monotron. Everything was written, recorded & sequenced in Reason.

I'd love to know what you think!

Rook

02 Sep 2016

Really nice! I love those 'verbed-out ooh and aah vocals you do :D

Any future plans for more live streams? I really enjoyed those.

Bixbambi

03 Sep 2016

Very nice ride and ambient pop rock.
Dave Gahan (Singer Depeche mod) should sing from 1:44 ;) :thumbs_up:

adfielding

06 Sep 2016

Rook wrote:Really nice! I love those 'verbed-out ooh and aah vocals you do :D

Any future plans for more live streams? I really enjoyed those.
Cheers! And yes, I have a few ideas for live streams - I'm planning on moving soon, so I'm not sure whether I should do one last stream here or just focus on getting things back up and running when I move. But I certainly haven't abandoned the idea or anything, I had a lot of fun doing them.
Bixbambi wrote:Very nice ride and ambient pop rock.
Dave Gahan (Singer Depeche mod) should sing from 1:44 ;) :thumbs_up:
Thanks! Interesting idea, I keep meaning to get back into recording vocals so maybe that's something I'll experiment with soon :)

jappe

18 Sep 2016

Another great soothing track, an ocean of sound to float around in :thumbs_up:

I agree with Bixbambi: A version of this with vocals would be great! My singing isn't exactly Dave Gahan, but the track inspires me - if this was on Allihoopa I'd make a vocal track to it just for the fun of it.

• Information