(Deep House) Londonbeat

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Peter

21 Oct 2016

I was playing the original song for days and then decided I should try a remix.

22 Oct 2016

Impressive! I really enjoyed the pitch wrangling and choice of synth sounds.

Rene Disco

23 Oct 2016

Nice big sounds. I remember that song always on the radio. I also like that Debbie Deb melody. Cool.

HepCat

23 Oct 2016

Hi there, I like to say what i really feel whilst being constructive so here goes (no rivalry or personal b/s here at all, trust me bro):

- I generally don't like Deep House or electro these days anyway, anything pre-2001 is fine though - so bear that in mind.
- Also bear in mind that l remember the original version of that song and that may be colouring my judgement.
- The song isn't punchy enough for me, no determined strokes
- Pretty much all of the sounds are too effected
- 1:08 was meant to be the drop that saves it all. Instead it's anticlimactic. I guess you're anticipating a scenario where it's 1am in a club, when things might feel different but in the calm of my room it feels like a pothole in the road.
- The weird tuning you do after 1:14, just sounds wrong and puts me on edge and l reckon this is why nobody else attenuates the finetuning during a track.
- The cadence or rhythm or what you call it, of the vocals, doesn't match that of the synth bass sound you introduce from around 1:11 onward.
- 1:45 - vocals left naked, without a strong build up, just adds a new form of discomfort to the track so far. Feels arbitrary, like you're demo-ing some gear, going through the motions.
- 3:05 - that synth filtersweep is too predictable and has no emotion, it's just loitering there, probably better without FX, to strengthen it
- 4:32 - Ending is OK but it feels like any moment in the track could have ended just fine at any point. In the aftermath l'm left thinking that the song is about a guy watching a random lady through a telescope rather than a guy who has found love. This is confirmed by the ending actually, where it sounds like a witness testimony is being paused during playback.
- I think if you based the song around all the elements up to 00:25, and added some guitar, and not much else, you'd have a good remix.

Your sig tune kills this.

• Information