(Upbeat?) WingMan

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2017

This is my 2nd track in my Flight video project, WingMan, I had youtbe in autoplay in the background with the sound down and was playing around in Reason when this video came on, the ideas for once just started to pop out, I tried to keep the video as original as I could to make the track fit around the video however in some places I did change the video to fit around the track.

Big shout for wingsuit man Brandon Mikesell who allowed me to use his video.

Feedback is always welcome as I'm always looking for ways to improve..

(best viewed full screen :D )

My first Flight track "Passengers" can be found here. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7498800

Sympleman

13 Feb 2017

Good stuff Poohbear!!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2017

Sympleman wrote:Good stuff Poohbear!!
Hey dude, good to see you are still about, thanks for listening..... :thumbs_up:

sdst
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2017

The music is perfect, Really good job. :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2017

sdst wrote:The music is perfect, Really good job. :)
Cheers for that :D

modecca

14 Feb 2017

The music does fit the video nicely.
You would have needed to rapidly transition to slowed down texas horror trip-hop if he made one wrong move!
🔗💥

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2017

modecca wrote:You would have needed to rapidly transition to slowed down texas horror trip-hop if he made one wrong move!
From what I can tell there have been a number of deaths from trying to get the ultimate action shot :cry:

modecca

15 Feb 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
modecca wrote:You would have needed to rapidly transition to slowed down texas horror trip-hop if he made one wrong move!
From what I can tell there have been a number of deaths from trying to get the ultimate action shot :cry:

We are fortunate that our passions don't require us to risk our lives!

If anything this song glorifies and encourages reckless behavior and I have reported this video to MASRLNGR(moms against sons risking their lives for no good reason :lol: ).
🔗💥

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2017

modecca wrote: If anything this song glorifies and encourages reckless behaviour and I have reported this video to MASRLNGR(moms against sons risking their lives for no good reason :lol: ).
Reason is always good ;)

jappe

04 Mar 2017

A nice fitting track to the video!

I practiced gliding when I was young, and I have a half-baked tune supposed to go into my 80's collection where the lyrics is about the first glider solo flight. Which is a composite feeling, part freedom and part horror - but this wingsuite thing - that's absolutely only horror to me even only watching it :o
"If a heron flies into your mouth"
"If you get rudder oscillation, and the rudder is arms and legs I suppose!?"
"cramp"
"Front Wingmans go-pro projectile in the face"

I see so much danger :puf_bigsmile:
Incredibly brave guys.

NekujaK

05 Mar 2017

Great stuff! Interesting use of the woosh sounds, having them sustain well into the music, instead of just using them for momentary effects. Music + Video = Mesmerising!
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2017

jappe wrote:A nice fitting track to the video!

I practiced gliding when I was young, and I have a half-baked tune supposed to go into my 80's collection where the lyrics is about the first glider solo flight. Which is a composite feeling, part freedom and part horror - but this wingsuite thing - that's absolutely only horror to me even only watching it :o
"If a heron flies into your mouth"
"If you get rudder oscillation, and the rudder is arms and legs I suppose!?"
"cramp"
"Front Wingmans go-pro projectile in the face"

I see so much danger :puf_bigsmile:
Incredibly brave guys.

The footage they produce is just incredible however there has been quite a high price paid by some people :( I really hope this guy does not push it too far, seams like a nice guy from the chat I had with him..

strangers
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2017

The music was very fitting for the video. I've wanted to try that out for a while but not sure I can push myself to do it. Maybe one day lol. Fully agree with what what previously said, having the wind effect stick around was a really good choice. I couldn't stop watching.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2017

NekujaK wrote:Great stuff! Interesting use of the woosh sounds, having them sustain well into the music, instead of just using them for momentary effects. Music + Video = Mesmerising!
strangers wrote:The music was very fitting for the video. I've wanted to try that out for a while but not sure I can push myself to do it. Maybe one day lol. Fully agree with what what previously said, having the wind effect stick around was a really good choice. I couldn't stop watching.

The goal of this project is music and visual together and it seams like with the feedback I have got I went in the right direction.

Thanks for the feedback people..

PB

• Information