(pure electronic) Goodnight Fish

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2017

Hi All

Here is a preview track that gives a sense of where I am going with my current album. Theme is around fish.

Of course 100% reason

Feedback welcome (realizing of course that I don't write EDM).

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Last Alternative

22 Mar 2017

Right from the start I imagine staring into a huge fish tank wondering what they're thinking. The fx really do have a watery sound to them. Very floaty. Now I feel like I'm swimming thru a colorful coral reef. Really cool how you did the sweeping white noise but low passed just enough to make it sound like you're underwater hearing the currents above. I like where you're going with this. Soft and mellow but curious and fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, I was gonna email you but this counts - I don't know if you've noticed my recent thread but I'm on musical hiatus right now while I figure out why my computer has been having audio issues since about December - on 2 different interfaces now. Gonna have my computer whiz friend take a look remotely tonight. He's confident he can figure it out. I might need a new mobo but we'll see. I can't do my work like it is. Sorry for the holdup. Again.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Benedict
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2017

Thanks LA

This album has a sound of its own and yes a lot revolves around that watery thing and the fuzzy sounds that I didn't deliberately make that way but it was the kind of sound that kept happening. You are right it is the coral. Good spotting.

---

No worries on the album thing> Hope the PC fix is easy. If not MB then HDD could be on the fritz.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Last Alternative

23 Mar 2017

My SSD is Samsung 850 evo 500gig which I replaced not 6 months ago or less. I'm thinking about just replacing my mobo to a Gigabyte brand with thunderbolt and getting the Focusrite Clarett 2pre or the Universal Audio Apollo twin solo. Not sure yet but I gotta fix this asap. No matter what I do it's still happening. My buddy and I were just on the phone for 2.5 hrs while he updated and looked at everything and his recommendation is something's up with audio out issues and to get a PCIe audio card just for output and use the interface as only input. Not very practical. Sorry to take away from your song here. Anyway, back to the drawing board in my diagnosis.
It feels like not knowing what's wrong with a car and throwing parts at it.
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2017

I have had this situation with a PC. Eventually, I decided it wasn't worth it and bought a new machine (sold the old one with e warning it could be unreliable). Incidentally, my Dell XPS and have had it ever since - my best PC so far.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Last Alternative

23 Mar 2017

Jesus. I hope I don't have to make a new computer. I'd love to but it's a money thing, like always.

Tau Ceti

23 Mar 2017

Very relaxing music with some cool fishy sounds :D

jappe

23 Mar 2017

Nice sound textures!
This would be perfect for some scuba movie.
Bright light sounds from the start in shallow water, around 1.00 the diver enters deep water and sounds become darker

dstudiopro

23 Mar 2017

Very nice cinematic, out of this worldly atmosphere!

Benedict
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2017

Thanks guys

All exactly what I am going for.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

• Information