(synthpop I guess) Image of Me

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
sumusik

20 Mar 2017

First share with the RT community. Feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

demt

20 Mar 2017

:puf_smile:
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Audiotic

20 Mar 2017

Synthpop indeed :)
I like it. Great sound although the drums (snare especially) colud use a little more punch imho.
The vocals (albeit a tad cheesy) sit perfectly in the mix.
The structure is tight and it's not getting boring. The ending is a bit abprupt.
Nice one!

sumusik

21 Mar 2017

Audiotic wrote:Synthpop indeed :)
I like it. Great sound although the drums (snare especially) colud use a little more punch imho.
The vocals (albeit a tad cheesy) sit perfectly in the mix.
The structure is tight and it's not getting boring. The ending is a bit abprupt.
Nice one!
Thanks for the great feedback. I am definitely fixing the drums. I always go back in forth with it, then my ears just start tricking me after the upteenth time. I'm very pleased you think the vox sits well. I've been practicing and sturggling with this for some time in general.

Tau Ceti

23 Mar 2017

This is a great song.
Good work!

jappe

23 Mar 2017

Great music, great vocals,very nice tune!
This makes me think of VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, I'd label it Futurepop.

sumusik

23 Mar 2017

Tau Ceti wrote:This is a great song.
Good work!
Thank you.
jappe wrote:Great music, great vocals,very nice tune!
This makes me think of VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, I'd label it Futurepop.
Thank you too. There are other songs on the album release (later this year) which are more aggressive like VNV and APOP. Funny you mention them too since I just saw them together in NYC a few months ago!

Thanks again for listening guys.

Faxxer

23 Mar 2017

I didn't get to hear this on my headphones, and I was working on something while listening to this in the background...

It really does have an early Depeche Mode feel and I also was in agreement about VNV Nation....nice work...

This isn't mean to be a critical comment, but maybe drop a neptune on the vocals for ever so subtle note locking? It's possible you meant every vibrato you have in it's place but to my ears it sounded like you could use a little backing in some of the words, and believe me I don't go without it...in fact I don't sing lol
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

sumusik

28 Mar 2017

Faxxer wrote:I didn't get to hear this on my headphones, and I was working on something while listening to this in the background...

It really does have an early Depeche Mode feel and I also was in agreement about VNV Nation....nice work...

This isn't mean to be a critical comment, but maybe drop a neptune on the vocals for ever so subtle note locking? It's possible you meant every vibrato you have in it's place but to my ears it sounded like you could use a little backing in some of the words, and believe me I don't go without it...in fact I don't sing lol
Thanks for listening and the feedback!

stxlm

30 Mar 2017

Nice!

It's just one vocal layer though, isn't it? This type of track would sound GREAT with multitracked vocals. And maybe sunk back a bit back into the mix.

RTFX

03 Apr 2017

Great melody and structure. Vocals could either use some extra layering or unison and a little less upfront imho. Good first share. You set the bar quite high for your future shares ;)
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Some Desperate Glory

05 Apr 2017

Sounds really good. Would agree with the suggestions about adding some background vocals. I would also experiment with more reverb on the vocals and put them back in the mix a bit. I quite like this song, and it sounds very much in the style VNV Nation.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

sumusik

06 Apr 2017

stxlm wrote:Nice!
It's just one vocal layer though, isn't it? This type of track would sound GREAT with multitracked vocals. And maybe sunk back a bit back into the mix.
RTFX wrote:Great melody and structure. Vocals could either use some extra layering or unison and a little less upfront imho. Good first share. You set the bar quite high for your future shares ;)
Some Desperate Glory wrote:Sounds really good. Would agree with the suggestions about adding some background vocals. I would also experiment with more reverb on the vocals and put them back in the mix a bit. I quite like this song, and it sounds very much in the style VNV Nation.
Thanks all for taking the time to listen and for your valued feedback!

Mysterygrimms

11 Apr 2017

I like the beat.

sumusik

14 Apr 2017

Mysterygrimms wrote:I like the beat.
Thank you.

• Information