(FM4) - Little Goblin

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2017

I wrote this for my FM4 project. All synth sounds made with FM4.

All tracks from this project sound very different from each other, this one being the "softest" of them.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13545148
or

alex

26 Mar 2017

I dig this, seems perfect for games where there is some action involved, like platforms games etc.
Your melodies are always well constructed and never easily predictable. :thumbs_up:

Only thing I would change it's the second part of the lead solo at about 2:18. For some reason in my mind I had the feeling it would open up a bit, becoming more bright or more squelcy, not sure, just some kind of variation to catch/keep listener attention, but it's a matter of taste of course!

BTW, it seems you're having fun with FM4, I can tell it's a lovely and expressive synth! :)

Cheers!
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2017

alex wrote:I dig this, seems perfect for games where there is some action involved, like platforms games etc.
Your melodies are always well constructed and never easily predictable. :thumbs_up:

Only thing I would change it's the second part of the lead solo at about 2:18. For some reason in my mind I had the feeling it would open up a bit, becoming more bright or more squelcy, not sure, just some kind of variation to catch/keep listener attention, but it's a matter of taste of course!

BTW, it seems you're having fun with FM4, I can tell it's a lovely and expressive synth! :)

Cheers!
Thanks for the feedback. I won't change anything now though. I try to stick to my "when I song is done it's done" rule.
FM4 is great, a new favorite of mine. Not too much, not too little features, just enough to tweak some patches and start writing a song.

Exowildebeest

27 Mar 2017

Instantly made me think of platform games too! Fun track!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:Instantly made me think of platform games too! Fun track!
Thanks. Same here. An old platform puzzle game called Benefactor for the Amiga 500 comes to my mind when I hear this song.

Audiotic

29 Mar 2017

nice!
great groove on the bass and captivating melodies and pads throughout.
I'm not a fan of the disonant sounding sine-pluck parts (0:38 / 2:14) ... I feel they iterrupt the vibe of the rest of the song. Luckily they're short enough to keep me entertained!

Great track with lots of feel to it!!

stxlm

30 Mar 2017

Wow, great sounds and music! Fun choice to use a bass sound melody. Very bouncy.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2017

Audiotic wrote:nice!
great groove on the bass and captivating melodies and pads throughout.
I'm not a fan of the disonant sounding sine-pluck parts (0:38 / 2:14) ... I feel they iterrupt the vibe of the rest of the song. Luckily they're short enough to keep me entertained!

Great track with lots of feel to it!!
Thanks. That's ok. I like the dissonant sounding sine-plucks, obviously, why would I keep it in there otherwise? :)
Glad you liked some of it at least. Thanks for commenting.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2017

stxlm wrote:Wow, great sounds and music! Fun choice to use a bass sound melody. Very bouncy.
Thanks. If I remember correctly the bassline was what started the whole song. Then I added all the leads and chords over it later.

strangers
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2017

That's a fun song to listen to. I really like the progression and what you've done with the little leads that sort of fall from the sides.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2017

strangers wrote:That's a fun song to listen to. I really like the progression and what you've done with the little leads that sort of fall from the sides.
Thanks. Yeah falling panned leads is something I've never tried before. They are actually arrhythmical(?), meaning the notes aren't synced to the music at all. They just go from fast to slow. Apparently that works even with a steady beat.

modecca

07 Apr 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:I wrote this for my FM4 project. All synth sounds made with FM4.

All tracks from this project sound very different from each other, this one being the "softest" of them.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13545148
or
Super colorful track man :!: :!: :!:
I let fm4 collect dust over the last couple of months and I think you did a good job showcasing just how good this thing can sound.
🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2017

modecca wrote:Super colorful track man :!: :!: :!:
I let fm4 collect dust over the last couple of months and I think you did a good job showcasing just how good this thing can sound.
Thanks. After this project FM4 is now one of my favorites. It's been the only FM synth that I've liked working with. And I have tried all the other FM synths for Reason at least briefly. But this one I just clicked with right away. But again I like working with simple and limited tools. I'll leave all the CV and Panda stuff to the technical wizards like you :)

Mysterygrimms

11 Apr 2017

Yea FM4 is a favorite of mine as well and I have used it in two songs, I am currently composing, for an indie movie project. I really dig this tune great job Tritone.

• Information