(Black Metal) Petrale - From under the Floorboards (Album)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Kov

23 May 2017

"Inverse" one man black metal. Usually it's some guitarist playing all the guitars and bass but programming the drums. This goes the other way around. Drums and vocals are real, guitars are subtractors, bass guitar is sub boom bass.

I was just bored that my guitarists work on their parts for our new album since like 4 years and i wanted to do some black metal again :puf_bigsmile:

Everything done with reason.

Tau Ceti

25 May 2017

This is excellent!
The vocals and drums sounds perfect and its hard to think that the guitars aren't real.
Maybe all black metal bands use subtractor?

Kov

25 May 2017

Thanks man!

Haha, might be. Have to figure out how to do random feedback effects on long notes.

Smiggy

26 May 2017

Not my usual cup of tea but I rather like that.

Going to give any hints on the Subtractor programming?

Kov

28 May 2017

Smiggy wrote:Not my usual cup of tea but I rather like that.

Going to give any hints on the Subtractor programming?
Thanks!

I took an fsb guitar subtractor patch patch (osc 1 waveform 9, osc 2 sine for slight fm). Then set velocity to filters, filter envelope parameters and amp until it kinda sounded human. Then i set long release times so the chords spill into each other (very important in black metal). Then i added Kuassa Creme and tons of reverb. Finally i wrapped a combinator around it and assigned some buttons to trigger shorter release times for situations when i don't want the notes to spill.

Second guitar is the same with the parameters just slightly different and osc slightly detuned.

Smiggy

29 May 2017

Excellent. I'll have a play with that. Thanks very much.

Bloma

29 May 2017

Fuck yeah! What a smooth and together sound you've made there. Really sick stuff :D I'll be downloading when I have some more internets.

• Information