(Synthwave) The Distance

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
chimp_spanner

09 Jun 2017

Hey everyone! Super happy to share the second single from an upcoming album I've been a part of. It's all Reason produced - what I would've given for VSTs during its production! But hey, next time :)

freyelise

09 Jun 2017

Sounds really good! Are you planning to put the album on Bandcamp or something? I've been finding Synthwave gems from there recently, which sparked my own synthwave boom. I'd love to take a listen to the album when it's out :)

Super punchy sounds, I envy you. And while instrumental synthwave is all well and good, I've always liked it better with vocals. All the best!

chimp_spanner

09 Jun 2017

freyelise wrote:Sounds really good! Are you planning to put the album on Bandcamp or something? I've been finding Synthwave gems from there recently, which sparked my own synthwave boom. I'd love to take a listen to the album when it's out :)

Super punchy sounds, I envy you. And while instrumental synthwave is all well and good, I've always liked it better with vocals. All the best!
Thank you! Yeah there's a bandcamp link in the description, but here it is just in case! https://zetamusicuk.bandcamp.com/

Yeah there seems to be a little niche for vocal driven synthwave. Really happy with the full album. It's out next Friday :)

freyelise

09 Jun 2017

chimp_spanner wrote: Thank you! Yeah there's a bandcamp link in the description, but here it is just in case! https://zetamusicuk.bandcamp.com/

Yeah there seems to be a little niche for vocal driven synthwave. Really happy with the full album. It's out next Friday :)
Gotcha, I'll leave the tab open and check back. I'd like to get someone to sing as well, and luckily my friend already tentatively said yes. We do 80's AOR together already, so it's good to have someone I know. But I don't want to worm into the spotlight on your thread! I'll be sure to check out the album and if it sounds as good as the two songs lead to expect, I think you made a fan out of me :)

chimp_spanner

09 Jun 2017

Would be good to hear it man! Link me if you got it :) Yeah we were lucky with this singer. He sings for a band called TesseracT. We're all mates from the Prog/Metal scene, and he'd been itching to work together for ages. So it fell into place nicely. No searching required hehe. And thanks for the kind words. I think you'll enjoy the rest of the album!

raymondh

09 Jun 2017

Wow! This sounds superb! Great song! Nice vocals and the instrumentation and arrangement is top-notch! Well done!!

siln

09 Jun 2017

wow! this is really powerful!

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2017

love everything about this! i didn't know what synthwave was before, but now i can see myself taking inspiration from this kind of stuff.

keep it up!

modecca

10 Jun 2017

First time hearing your stuff man.
Holy crap is that chorus powerful.
Real quality, high energy stuff you got going on!!
Exceptional really , wasn't expecting this.
🔗💥

esselfortium

10 Jun 2017

This sounds amazing! The songwriting and production are both absolutely killer, great work!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

strangers
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2017

Congrats on finishing the album. This is one impressive song. I've found a lot of synthwave to be a little too cheesy but this really pumps life into the genre. Looking forward to hearing what else you've got in store.

Puckboy2000

11 Jun 2017

Great song! As a child of the 80's, I can confirm without question that you have captured the essence of that time period perfectly, but without sounding dated. Great production value and I love your vocals too. Big Ups brother!!!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Barnski

18 Jun 2017

This is an amazing album dude! Had to buy this straight away, listened to it a bunch of times already, girlfriend and housemate are both loving it too! Especially like 'Fire in the Snow'. Had to skip back and listen to it again with the volume cranked. That bit at 1:18 where it resolves itself after that dissonant guitar chord and scream is fucking EPIC!

Bloma

19 Jun 2017

This is some good shit. It's probably the best produced thing I've heard in Reason. I agree with what's been said, this is really the next step in synthwave.

Daniel36

21 Jun 2017

I am not really into synthwave, but this is absolutely epic! Love the video, and it definitely gives me the 80s vibe! Well done!

Wickline

14 Jul 2017

Congrats on the Propellerhead article!
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

jappe

14 Jul 2017

A masterpiece!

Micha1973

14 Jul 2017

a real good job u have done! great track

micha
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2017

You would be so famous right now if you made this in the 80s!

• Information