Instrumental Pop / Soundtrack - Der Roboter

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TheMiles

26 Jan 2022

Just uploaded a song to Youtube, i hope you like it :D

Check it out and comment if you like.

Edit : Changed the topics name according to guidelines!

Last edited by TheMiles on 28 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

TheMiles

28 Jan 2022

Common... not a single comment... Really this bad ?

jam-s

28 Jan 2022

I like it. To shift it really into pop territory (if that's your goal) it could use some vocal samples. so you could have this mix as a more soundtrack like instrumental and a more synthy pop mix with vocals.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

Cool song. :thumbs_up:
I wouldn't equate zero/few comments with bad. It's usually pretty random how much a song gets commented on at least in my own experience.
Some sounds are a bit too loud in the mix imo, mainly the ride. Also I don't know if you've used any reverb, but some sounds sound very dry. Doesn't need to be much reverb, just a tiny bit to create some room. Just my subjective opinion of course.
Details aside I like the song.

integerpoet

31 Jan 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2022
Cool song. :thumbs_up:
Me too.
I wouldn't equate zero/few comments with bad. It's usually pretty random how much a song gets commented on at least in my own experience.
Indeed. Sometimes silence just means people can't think of anything to complain about :-) or you posted at the "wrong" time of day. (I don't know what the "right" time is but I'm going to guess early Saturday morning in Germany is probably pretty good.)
Also I don't know if you've used any reverb, but some sounds sound very dry. Doesn't need to be much reverb, just a tiny bit to create some room.
Yeah, that. I was going to say I was craving more sense of space, and reverb will help. But also consider playing more with the pan knobs for a little more asymmetry. Even though you avoided voices masking each others' frequencies, which means you can keep more of them "straight down the middle", that doesn't mean you must. :-)

TheMiles

01 Feb 2022

Thx a lot for your kind comments all of you!

I am sorry to say I cannot make changes to the mix anymore since the the song is allready published on Bandcamp amongst the rest fo the album ( Link is here : https://whitekrow.bandcamp.com/releases)

Maybe one day i do a remastered Version with a better mix but thats not clear atm.

Many thanks!

integerpoet

01 Feb 2022

TheMiles wrote:
01 Feb 2022
I am sorry to say I cannot make changes to the mix anymore since the the song is allready published on Bandcamp amongst the rest fo the album ( Link is here : https://whitekrow.bandcamp.com/releases)
"released October 7, 2019" Well, then! I'll just skip on over there for a longer listen.

• Information