[Techno 128bpm] Disassemblage

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
sudio

31 Jan 2022

A dark, hypnotic reason track, made with behringer neutron, some free vsts and certainly reason.
Any feedback is very welcome!

Rising Night Wave

31 Jan 2022

the basis of this song is very good. I like it very much. however, the song initially takes too long to develop. but when it develops, it becomes interesting.

overall the song is very good. I like this one.

on the technical side, let others say more. at the moment I am not in the mood for criticism and listening on headphones that have better quality than the speakers on which I am now listening to this song of yours.

greetings.

ps: on the soundcloud platform I gave you one like and one repost. thumbs up.

ps2: now as i write this text i am using google compiler and apologize if the text is too official. haha. :)
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

moofi

01 Feb 2022

Pretty pleasant sound :thumbs_up: Could immediately recognise the hardware being involved. It´s just the overall fat round rich in harmonics sounds.
On a mixing note I would like to hear a little bit more warm lowend, especially on the bassdrum. Possibly aswell reducing it´s clickiness slightly.
Other than that I find it quite well balanced. I like the emphasised "bongs". Their panorama placement aswell. The stereofield is used nicely even though I feel some parts in the middle could be spread or at least move a little more.

Btw I Just learned about Neutron by your thread. Man, what a funky, very good sounding synth at the price of a better Eurorackmodul. It´s almost too good to be true how much and what they put in for that amount. The patchbay making it basically a compact minimodular synth. Even though I got quite a modular here, if I currently had the funds I would go for one immediately. :-D Besides its standalone use Its integration into the exisiting rack would basically be seamless.
Juts watched the Sonic State video presenting it pretty well yet would truely like to hear about your experience with it.

moofi

01 Feb 2022

Wouldn´t necessarily say too long. Long buildups are bascially an essential part of Techno :-)
Would like to hear an additional main element being introduced at a later point the development is climaxing to though. Like e.g. salient synth chords lifting the song on a new level dynamicwise.
Rising Night Wave wrote:
31 Jan 2022
[...] however, the song initially takes too long to develop. but when it develops, it becomes interesting.

[...]

Popey
Competition Winner

01 Feb 2022

Sounds very cool to me. Lots of interest along the way and love the breakdown on this. very cool use of the stereo field.

sudio

01 Feb 2022

moofi wrote:
01 Feb 2022
Pretty pleasant sound :thumbs_up: Could immediately recognise the hardware being involved. It´s just the overall fat round rich in harmonics sounds.
On a mixing note I would like to hear a little bit more warm lowend, especially on the bassdrum. Possibly aswell reducing it´s clickiness slightly.
Other than that I find it quite well balanced. I like the emphasised "bongs". Their panorama placement aswell. The stereofield is used nicely even though I feel some parts in the middle could be spread or at least move a little more.

Btw I Just learned about Neutron by your thread. Man, what a funky, very good sounding synth at the price of a better Eurorackmodul. It´s almost too good to be true how much and what they put in for that amount. The patchbay making it basically a compact minimodular synth. Even though I got quite a modular here, if I currently had the funds I would go for one immediately. :-D Besides its standalone use Its integration into the exisiting rack would basically be seamless.
Juts watched the Sonic State video presenting it pretty well yet would truely like to hear about your experience with it.
Yes, the neutron sounds very good, and is very versatile, the sonic state Video sums it up very well, so no surprises here. I can absolutely recommend it. However only one synth line in this track is hardware(neutron) all the rest is reason and vst. The analougish kind of Hardware sound comes from using specific effects such as reason scream on tape setting. I even use a Single track for Synthesizing artificial Hardware noise - probably not noticable in the Mix but makes things alive.

moofi

01 Feb 2022

What VST were you using?
sudio wrote:
01 Feb 2022
moofi wrote:
01 Feb 2022

Yes, the neutron sounds very good, and is very versatile, the sonic state Video sums it up very well, so no surprises here. I can absolutely recommend it. However only one synth line in this track is hardware(neutron) all the rest is reason and vst. The analougish kind of Hardware sound comes from using specific effects such as reason scream on tape setting. I even use a Single track for Synthesizing artificial Hardware noise - probably not noticable in the Mix but makes things alive.

moofi

01 Feb 2022

And well done on the sounddesign and mixing then. Without comparison got me tricked into thinking it was mostly hardware. Listening again, knowing it is mostly software let me recognise the software touch more prominently. Though still not sure about the Neutron synthline, only got a slight suspicion. Anyway, like said, very well done. :thumbs_up:

sudio

01 Feb 2022

- Fracture from Glitchmachines for Some background effects (freeware)
- a pad sound from ni reaktor,
- td vos eq for freq balancing at the mastering stage
- stereo widener from ozone , forgot the name but it is free and truly very useful
- valhalla supermassive
All the other stuff Is reason. Kong, subtractor, maelstrom , rv7000.. basically std stuff.

Neutron is the first synth line in the track, it is made from a ca. 10min recording with a lot of knob tweaking. I selected the most usable parts of the recording and that formed the basis for this track. For me the point in using hardware is that I use them more like instruments not tools. You can't save patches wich forces me to make decisions.

moofi

01 Feb 2022

Thank you :-) Being relatively new to VST as I just bought Reason 12 when it got released after working on 7 beforehand and only worked a very little bit with merely very few VST in Live years ago, I´m thankful for pleasant hints.
Already downloaded the Glitchmachine stuff, along with the free sample packs. Looking foward to checking it out.
I stumpled upon Tokyo in another thread a few days ago. Looking forward to checking out their devices aswell.
The stereowidener looks fancy, then it requires authorisation, reason I leave it for now.
Only one I have been dabbling with so far is Valhalla Supermassive. Very good sounding.

And yes, from the modular I know what you mean by not being able to save patches :-D
Reason I bascially recorded everything I did so far. I would still have to implement additional, already purchased output modules so I can record a dry along a wet version because I´m very much fond of the Valhalla DSP cartridge for TipTop Audio´s Z-DSP modul sounding even better compared to the VST plugins in my ears, yet especially for sample creations it´s handy having the dry version aswell so I could apply any reverb may it be software or hardware afterwards and also would not cut off the reverb tail on a sound if a new sound is playing before the reverb has decayed.
sudio wrote:
01 Feb 2022
- Fracture from Glitchmachines for Some background effects (freeware)
- a pad sound from ni reaktor,
- td vos eq for freq balancing at the mastering stage
- stereo widener from ozone , forgot the name but it is free and truly very useful
- valhalla supermassive
All the other stuff Is reason. Kong, subtractor, maelstrom , rv7000.. basically std stuff.

Neutron is the first synth line in the track, it is made from a ca. 10min recording with a lot of knob tweaking. I selected the most usable parts of the recording and that formed the basis for this track. For me the point in using hardware is that I use them more like instruments not tools. You can't save patches wich forces me to make decisions.

selig
RE Developer

01 Feb 2022

I don't mind the slow build at all, but I'm used to long form tracks in general (there was a time all my songs were at least 7-8 minutes long!).
Sounds good down low but when cranking it to 'fun' levels on my studio system my only comment would be the hats were a little 'strident' (one level below abrasive). They could easily be less in level/EQ/saturation.
The low end is very satisfying on my big system but also translates well to my other monitors even my NS10s (I also have Output/Barefoot monitors). The glitchy/static/vinyl type sound seems OK at first but then becomes distracting to me after a bit, especially after 6 min or so since most other sounds are on the darker side in general.
Interestingly it's more typically the low end issues that I notice, and it comes down to taste in the end - so I hope you find something helpful in my comments!
Selig Audio, LLC

moofi

01 Feb 2022

Well, could be the AKG headphones here, not being known for delivering a prominent lowend and I´m very much fond of deep warm lowends. (that´s what he says :-D)
Haven´t checked on any speakers yet and currently do not actually have the possibility of doing so. Simply was my inital impression it could use at least a slight lowend boost.
Then it might aswell be a matter of taste.
selig wrote:
01 Feb 2022
[...]
The low end is very satisfying on my big system but also translates well to my other monitors even my NS10s (I also have Output/Barefoot monitors).[...]

sudio

02 Feb 2022

selig wrote:
01 Feb 2022
I don't mind the slow build at all, but I'm used to long form tracks in general (there was a time all my songs were at least 7-8 minutes long!).
Sounds good down low but when cranking it to 'fun' levels on my studio system my only comment would be the hats were a little 'strident' (one level below abrasive). They could easily be less in level/EQ/saturation.
The low end is very satisfying on my big system but also translates well to my other monitors even my NS10s (I also have Output/Barefoot monitors). The glitchy/static/vinyl type sound seems OK at first but then becomes distracting to me after a bit, especially after 6 min or so since most other sounds are on the darker side in general.
Interestingly it's more typically the low end issues that I notice, and it comes down to taste in the end - so I hope you find something helpful in my comments!
Thanks a lot for the hints. Probably you are right with the hats, my monitors are not too sensitive in that area. That should be easy to fix, so I will look into that.
Could you give me a hint to the "glitchy/static/vinyl" sound you mean - I am not shure which sound you mean, perhaps min sec where it is espacially recognizable ?

Again thanks for our comments!

Rising Night Wave

03 Feb 2022

i just uploaded my latest and new song to SC and hitted play... and after my song your song started to play.
damn boy, this song is awesome. no matter what i wrote that day according to evolving at the start of song.
it is cool. it is true that now i am in a bit different mood. but song is still awesome. at the moment i am so enjoying at your song.

thumbs up.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Synthopathe

03 Feb 2022

This sounds great. Hypnotic techno, nice breakdown. Yup, well done! :thumbs up:

sudio

03 Feb 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
03 Feb 2022
i just uploaded my latest and new song to SC and hitted play... and after my song your song started to play.
damn boy, this song is awesome. no matter what i wrote that day according to evolving at the start of song.
it is cool. it is true that now i am in a bit different mood. but song is still awesome. at the moment i am so enjoying at your song.

thumbs up.
Thanks a lo for the kind words ! I went through your tracks on your soundcloud page. Pretty cool stuff too. Keep on the excellent work !!

Rising Night Wave

03 Feb 2022

sudio wrote:
03 Feb 2022
Rising Night Wave wrote:
03 Feb 2022

thumbs up.
Thanks a lo for the kind words ! I went through your tracks on your soundcloud page. Pretty cool stuff too. Keep on the excellent work !!
yo. thanks. i appreciate it. thank you.

Drudner

06 Feb 2022

Emanuel Top comes to my mind.

Nice one! :clap:
"And I still don't know if I'm a falcon, a storm, or an unfinished song."

https://soundcloud.com/drudnermusic

• Information