Rendezvous 602

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Dante

20 Feb 2022

Track from U.K. prog band's second album 'Danger Money' (1979) . Trying to get a 70's sound here, this version is greatly simplified because this band was a supergroup capable of playing seamlessly in mixed time signatures.

crimsonwarlock

20 Feb 2022

One of my most favorite songs of all time. Pretty good effort, although you very well know you put up a really high bar to aim for with this cover. I enjoyed listening to it. Your voice is coming eerily close to John Wetton's by the way.

Now for some constructive criticism: the piano sounds too much sequenced, maybe you can try to humanize it a bit (using the groove mixer). I would also try to simplify the synth solo, just take out a few notes here and there, as it seems to busy and, again, sequenced.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

miyaru

20 Feb 2022

Since I was 13 or 14 yrs old, I'm an huge Symphonic- and Progressive Rock fan. Only the last years I lost some touch with it. I know this song very well, I have it on vinyl still.

I really loved this song from the first time I heard it, and your version is very good too, vocals are close to John's and musically it tells the story of the song. Altough there could be critisism, I can only say well done, as I know how hard to play these masterpieces are. Beside that, I have no othere critisism then Crimsonwarlock.

Enjoyed it, back to memory lane, thank you for that and the posting the song!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

• Information