[Techno Punk] Uman's : Voltozor

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Uman's

05 Apr 2022

oh yes ! again this crazy guy who breaks the ears ! :mrgreen:

Like other times, you can tell me all you want.
I take any advice you can done.

- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Uman's

29 Apr 2022

No one ? Must I put this track in the trash ? :question:

RTFX

30 Apr 2022

Uman's wrote:
29 Apr 2022
No one ? Must I put this track in the trash ? :question:
Well, you always can😉 but before you do allow me to provide some feedback.
It kind of reminded me of the dissapointment i felt after rammstein released their new album Zeit, yesterday.
Imho its simply not their A-game like most of their older work really is. It has some nice elements and great ideas and production and so on, but besides that, just, forgive me quite boring
Back to your track.
It has a great title. Thats for sure. Where did u get it from?
I think you played the drums and percussion on the pads?
There is something in this track which i like and dont like.
Its kinda hard though to pinpoint this time, so maybe i should just shut up haha.
When i think punk i think nasty loud vocals, a relentless drum (mostly pretty fast) and lots of distortion all over the place.
Some of these ingredients are in your track but TO MY TASTE, its not nasty, dirty and grimey enough.
This is like kindergarten punk. Haha ((joke).
Your other track i commented on changed the second half into something i really liked.
In this track at almost the end there is this raw saw tone, played once and the track is over.
And thát was the moment i got excited.
About that synth, that is.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Uman's

30 Apr 2022

Thanks RTFX, you're nice.
it helps !
RTFX wrote:Well, you always can😉 but before you do allow me to provide some feedback.
I've laid hundreds of tracks like this one and I don't know what to do with them. :lol:

I think there is an interesting idea but I myself hate the chosen sounds and the overall tone.
Even though I whistle the melody, I can't visualize what other form it should take.
RTFX wrote:It kind of reminded me of the dissapointment i felt after rammstein released their new album Zeit, yesterday.
Imho its simply not their A-game like most of their older work really is. It has some nice elements and great ideas and production and so on, but besides that, just, forgive me quite boring
I don't know "Rammstein", but i understand the relationship you make.
I find my track boring too ! :lol:
RTFX wrote:It has a great title. Thats for sure. Where did u get it from?
It's an invention on my part.
It's a contraction of "Volt" and "aux oreilles" (in French) that you can translate : "to the ears"
If I had been Anglo-Saxon, the title would have been "Volt to the ears".
The secondary fact is that I am a dinosaur !

This retransmits well the hearing wear that this track gives me !
it annoys me and breaks my ears, as one would undergo an electrocution
RTFX wrote:I think you played the drums and percussion on the pads?
Yes, you're right !
you can hear it and it's ugly. I find it picturesque. Ahaha
RTFX wrote:There is something in this track which i like and dont like.
Maybe for other reasons, but that's how I feel too.
RTFX wrote:Its kinda hard though to pinpoint this time, so maybe i should just shut up haha.
Say right away that it's sludge ! :lol:
RTFX wrote:When i think punk i think nasty loud vocals, a relentless drum (mostly pretty fast) and lots of distortion all over the place.
Some of these ingredients are in your track but TO MY TASTE, its not nasty, dirty and grimey enough.
Yet I find my sounds very disgusting Ahahah
The idea for a punk style came from one of our forum members, but in reality,
I have a really personal style that I can't put into a genre.
RTFX wrote:Your other track i commented on changed the second half into something i really liked.
In this track at almost the end there is this raw saw tone, played once and the track is over.
And thát was the moment i got excited.
The "raw saw tone" at the end makes a few brief appearances yet along the track.
It serves as a conclusion at the end of the track.

In fact, you like my ends ! ahahahah

This track "Voltozor" was taken over by some of my French comrades.
They all used the end with this "raw saw tone" to make dance.

Thank you for your comment, it's really delicious.

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2022

Another interesting piece although I did feel less sense of adventure with this as it contained more repetition than your previous songs. I agree about the synth sound at the end I would have liked it to make an odd appearance earlier to add variety.
all told though an enjoyable 3 minutes of music.

JohnnyBee 67

30 Apr 2022

Actually, I think it’s pretty cool myself. Love the vocal thing you're doing. The title is perfect.
:clap: John B

RTFX

01 May 2022

Uman's wrote:
30 Apr 2022

Thank you for your comment, it's really delicious.
Yw sir. My pleasure!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Uman's

01 May 2022

Hi Popey,
Popey wrote:Another interesting piece although I did feel less sense of adventure with this as it contained more repetition than your previous songs.
It is exactly that.
The theme is a little bogged down.
Popey wrote:I agree about the synth sound at the end I would have liked it to make an odd appearance earlier to add variety.
It is however what it does but nobody noticed it ! :puf_bigsmile:
Popey wrote:all told though an enjoyable 3 minutes of music.
It's nice to say that. For me it failed because I don't know what style of music to adopt.

Thx Popey. ;)
JohnnyBee 67 wrote:Actually, I think it’s pretty cool myself. Love the vocal thing you're doing. The title is perfect.
Hi Johnny

You're talking about "vocal thing", i don't understand what you mean.

Thanks guys.

guitfnky

01 May 2022

overall, I dig it! the groove is simple, but enjoyable (honestly, getting a good groove is one of the most difficult things to do). I was almost put off by the heavily-filtered nasal-sounding synth, but glad I stuck with it. I kind of want vocals on it, but then again, I usually want vocals on most tracks. the sound of the synth and vocals are just personal preferences of mine, so that's no critique. the mix is good--well-balanced. nice work!
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Popey
Competition Winner

02 May 2022

Uman's wrote:
01 May 2022

It is exactly that.
The theme is a little bogged down.
Popey wrote:I agree about the synth sound at the end I would have liked it to make an odd appearance earlier to add variety.
It is however what it does but nobody noticed it ! :puf_bigsmile:
Popey wrote:all told though an enjoyable 3 minutes of music.
It's nice to say that. For me it failed because I don't know what style of music to adopt.

I don't know about the theme being bogged down it was just noticeable. Your other songs just seemed to surprise me more and take me on unexpected twists through the musical journey compared to this so I felt less excitement. I liked this song and definitely do not think it failed just different to others I have heard from you.

As for style of music to adopt I always think just go with the flow and what feels right for you. To me this is the most likely journey to create something that you enjoy musically and is unique to you. It's like my comment before where I prefer people to innovate rather than imitate. Music is art imo and needs to be something that just comes from you as a person without constraints or set rules.

Uman's

02 May 2022

Hi All,
guitfnky wrote:overall, I dig it! the groove is simple, but enjoyable (honestly, getting a good groove is one of the most difficult things to do).
Thank you. It surprises me to read that it can be liked. My style is really curious.
This track is a bit dated, today I think I should have made it more funky.
guitfnky wrote:I was almost put off by the heavily-filtered nasal-sounding synth, but glad I stuck with it.
I kept this sound because I thought it sounded like an electrocution.
(Related to my title)
guitfnky wrote:I kind of want vocals on it, but then again, I usually want vocals on most tracks. the sound of the synth and vocals are just personal preferences of mine, so that's no critique.
I composed several songs when I was younger and curiously, I then adopt a completely different style !
(for example, one like "Depeche Mode" and one like "Rap" style where I mime different intonations
of voice as if several singers were responding to each other. (Track played during an FM radio broadcast.)

I didn't go back on this idea of ​​singing but it could come back to me.
guitfnky wrote:the mix is good--well-balanced. nice work!
This is probably what gave me the most problems. Many screaming sounds whose frequencies did not mix well.

Thanks for your comment and your listen !

Uman's

02 May 2022

Popey wrote:
02 May 2022
I don't know about the theme being bogged down it was just noticeable. Your other songs just seemed to surprise me more and take me on unexpected twists through the musical journey compared to this so I felt less excitement. I liked this song and definitely do not think it failed just different to others I have heard from you.

As for style of music to adopt I always think just go with the flow and what feels right for you. To me this is the most likely journey to create something that you enjoy musically and is unique to you. It's like my comment before where I prefer people to innovate rather than imitate. Music is art imo and needs to be something that just comes from you as a person without constraints or set rules.
You missed the quote ! :lol:
Popey wrote:
02 May 2022
I don't know about the theme being bogged down it was just noticeable.
I know that I struggled to find an outcome to my theme and that I was not totally satisfied with it.
Popey wrote:
02 May 2022
Your other songs just seemed to surprise me more and take me on unexpected twists through the musical journey compared to this so I felt less excitement.
True that there is less variation on this piece than the previous ones.
At one point, I wanted to try to make my tracks less complicated and easier to remember.
Popey wrote:
02 May 2022
I liked this song and definitely do not think it failed just different to others I have heard from you.
How nice this answer ! :oops:

You will have other surprises, I was able to create all sorts of atmospheres.
Popey wrote:
02 May 2022
As for style of music to adopt I always think just go with the flow and what feels right for you. To me this is the most likely journey to create something that you enjoy musically and is unique to you.
The problem is that I think of a style of music and that in front of the machines, I come back to mine.
My brain doesn't want to hear me ! :lol:
Popey wrote:
02 May 2022
It's like my comment before where I prefer people to innovate rather than imitate. Music is art imo and needs to be something that just comes from you as a person without constraints or set rules.
I've always wanted to do something different but today I can't quite get out of it.
I have been composing for years with sometimes long exposures and each time my style evolves on its own.
Starting from a blank page without being able to hear something related to it and
which could give me a head start is impossible.

thank you for your support

JohnnyBee 67

02 May 2022

Uman's wrote:
01 May 2022

Hi Johnny

You're talking about "vocal thing", i don't understand what you mean.
The lead thing sounds like a vocoder. It's really great, whatever it is.

:clap: John B

Uman's

02 May 2022

Yes, i called it "Daft organ", he is in Malstrom called "SyncAttack".

strangers
Competition Winner

04 May 2022

I hear, or at least I think I do, the punk reference within the first 28 seconds and then it's gone. That's not necessarily a bad thing since the song progresses on nicely. I wouldn't mind a little more attention to the drums. The first 28 seconds set the tone and then the drums are very basic and repetitive through the end. Other than that I enjoyed the song. It was more cohesive than one of your last songs. Good stuff!

Uman's

04 May 2022

Hi Stranger
Strangers wrote:I hear, or at least I think I do, the punk reference within the first 28 seconds and then it's gone. That's not necessarily a bad thing since the song progresses on nicely.[/stranger]

Yes, we do hear a battle of styles. As said earlier, I seek my style but the influences corrupt me.
Strangers wrote:I wouldn't mind a little more attention to the drums. The first 28 seconds set the tone and then the drums are very basic and repetitive through the end.
Yes, it's true. The leading instruments made me move the drums to the last level.
In truth, they are almost useless.
Strangers wrote:Other than that I enjoyed the song. It was more cohesive than one of your last songs. Good stuff!
coherent I don't know, but different surely.

Thank you for your encouragement and your good analysis.

• Information