(TECHNO) Arpona

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jun 2022

My latest track heavily focussing on arpeggio's. synth sounds created in novum, serum, and diva (mostly novum). lots of echo re, deep reverb, bus compressor on the fx.

as always any comments appreciated.

Chizmata

26 Jun 2022

i generally like the sound and style of composition, the multitude of subtly changing small phrases running over a constant dark, tech-housy background. but i think the track needs still some work to reach its full potential, mainly on EQ. i feel that it lacks quite some power in the mid area, mainly the low, while it has a very clear and strong bass/subbass section and highs. someone please confirm this, im not that good at identifiying frequency ranges. but a wide boost in the 250-100 hz area might be a starting point.

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2022

Chizmata wrote:
26 Jun 2022
i generally like the sound and style of composition, the multitude of subtly changing small phrases running over a constant dark, tech-housy background. but i think the track needs still some work to reach its full potential, mainly on EQ. i feel that it lacks quite some power in the mid area, mainly the low, while it has a very clear and strong bass/subbass section and highs. someone please confirm this, im not that good at identifiying frequency ranges. but a wide boost in the 250-100 hz area might be a starting point.
Thanks for listening and the feedback. I tried your suggestion and it has made a marked improvement in my opinion.

In case you were interested in how close you were frequency wise i ended up adding 1 db @ 168hz but with a wide q (smooth bell curve) and also made it dynamic so it raises a further 0.5db when certain parts play.

appreciate the assistance :thumbs_up:

Chizmata

26 Jun 2022

Popey wrote:
26 Jun 2022
Chizmata wrote:
26 Jun 2022
Thanks for listening and the feedback. I tried your suggestion and it has made a marked improvement in my opinion.

In case you were interested in how close you were frequency wise i ended up adding 1 db @ 168hz but with a wide q (smooth bell curve) and also made it dynamic so it raises a further 0.5db when certain parts play.

appreciate the assistance :thumbs_up:
great :thumbs_up:

RTFX

26 Jun 2022

I love it man.
The first minute i had to keep myself from skipping forward and it paid off.
While the track evolves things fall in their place.
Nothing annoying repetetive. Just pure hypnotic.
The only thing that imo is missing is a raw 303 sequence. But thats just my taste.
Since i listened on jbl heads, i had no problem with a lack of lowend.
Was perfect!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Jac459

26 Jun 2022

Hey !
Hypnotic trance is not generally my cup of tea but I have to say that this track is more than nice to listen too.
I don't find it very energetic but it is actually a compliment here. It makes a smooth journey into your song.

Some of your choices of drums feel very organic for this genre but again, this is a compliment. It works very well with the ambiance you install by the little hear candy that you let on top of the main melody. It is like trance with a bit of "four tet". Very interesting.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2022

RTFX wrote:
26 Jun 2022
I love it man.
The first minute i had to keep myself from skipping forward and it paid off.
While the track evolves things fall in their place.
Nothing annoying repetetive. Just pure hypnotic.
The only thing that imo is missing is a raw 303 sequence. But thats just my taste.
Since i listened on jbl heads, i had no problem with a lack of lowend.
Was perfect!
Glad you hung in there through the intro 😄. I must admit the first part is quite long and indulgent with me messing about modulating grain size and speed in novum to create an ever morphing pad. I quite like the cinematic nature of it and without consciously focussing I always like my tracks to progress so start with what seems like an intro.

I love acid music and grew up on it but suck at producing 303 sequences, leads etc. Tried many times but never created anything I like.

Glad you enjoyed the tune 👍

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2022

Jac459 wrote:
26 Jun 2022
Hey !
Hypnotic trance is not generally my cup of tea but I have to say that this track is more than nice to listen too.
I don't find it very energetic but it is actually a compliment here. It makes a smooth journey into your song.

Some of your choices of drums feel very organic for this genre but again, this is a compliment. It works very well with the ambiance you install by the little hear candy that you let on top of the main melody. It is like trance with a bit of "four tet". Very interesting.
Thanks Jac459 for your kind words. I must admit "four tet" name seemed familiar to me but had to watch a few you tube videos to know who they are. Liked what I heard.

I appreciate the comments about the organic drums and totally agree my choices do not always fit with techno norms. I think this is due to so many musical influences (I am old 🤣) I just go with the flow and choose sounds I like that are unique to me.

I have a had a lot of helpful hands on my journey to improve from people on here. I am truly thankful to them all.

moofi

26 Jun 2022

I like it :-) Only thing I´m not so fond of is the sound and monotonic appearance of the arpeggio. Would make it vary over time. Too steady for my taste. Also timbrewise.

Btw did you manage to watch the "Techno mastering from A to Z" video?

Uman's

26 Jun 2022

Hi !

I really like, really !
Of course I would have liked more melodic variations because on that side, it's a bit meager.
On this side, there would have been plenty to do to stand out.

Nevertheless the beat is successful and the trance works.
Now a question I ask myself is how do I end the track with some logic?
An idea brought on what would be a real end in apotheosis would please me !

But my comment is just a prayer, cause all is perfect otherwise.
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
26 Jun 2022
I like it :-) Only thing I´m not so fond of is the sound and monotonic appearance of the arpeggio. Would make it vary over time. Too steady for my taste. Also timbrewise.

Thanks for listening moofi and the the feedback. This track I tried to keep driving on and the changes are quite subtle. I take on board your comments.

I have watched the mastering videos and picked up a few tips (especially when he used multiband comp on the bass etc). Struggled at times with the subtitles but got the main gist of things.

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2022

Uman's wrote:
26 Jun 2022
Hi !

I really like, really !
Of course I would have liked more melodic variations because on that side, it's a bit meager.
On this side, there would have been plenty to do to stand out.

Nevertheless the beat is successful and the trance works.
Now a question I ask myself is how do I end the track with some logic?
An idea brought on what would be a real end in apotheosis would please me !

But my comment is just a prayer, cause all is perfect otherwise.
Thanks umans. Definately less melody in this one as I wanted a more driving, club based track. The ending is a bit poor and quick listening back to it. Something to work on for my next tune.

Uman's

27 Jun 2022

Why not complete this one ? :lol:
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2022

Uman's wrote:
27 Jun 2022
Why not complete this one ? :lol:
:lol: I think this is complete for me but maybe I should go back and make the ending a bit less abrupt.

moofi

27 Jun 2022

Yes, that´s what I felt like it would be, not so easy to understand yet possible to get most things. Glad you could pick some stuff up. :-)

Popey wrote:
27 Jun 2022
moofi wrote:
26 Jun 2022

Thanks for listening moofi and the the feedback. This track I tried to keep driving on and the changes are quite subtle. I take on board your comments.

I have watched the mastering videos and picked up a few tips (especially when he used multiband comp on the bass etc). Struggled at times with the subtitles but got the main gist of things.

Mattvank

02 Jul 2022

Is that a sample from the,, interstellar ´´movie which i can hear?

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2022

Mattvank wrote:
02 Jul 2022
Is that a sample from the,, interstellar ´´movie which i can hear?
I haven't seen interstellar but virtually all of the sounds were generated from synths apart from drum sample one shots and the little vocal snippets (which are from output arcade). Out of interest which sound made you think of the movie?

Mattvank

03 Jul 2022

This or an another moment (Cooper meets his daughter)

Thony

04 Jul 2022

Popey wrote:
25 Jun 2022
My latest track heavily focussing on arpeggio's. synth sounds created in novum, serum, and diva (mostly novum). lots of echo re, deep reverb, bus compressor on the fx.

I like this track! The only thing I can say is to make different ending. But also it could be a nice thing to listen it over and over

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2022

Mattvank wrote:
03 Jul 2022

This or an another moment (Cooper meets his daughter)
Ah I see now. I made that sound in dawesome novum synth modulating grain size and speed with lfo and random modulators.

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2022

Thony wrote:
04 Jul 2022
Popey wrote:
25 Jun 2022

I like this track! The only thing I can say is to make different ending. But also it could be a nice thing to listen it over and over
Thanks Thoney. The ending definitely could do with some work.

Hobi72

04 Jul 2022

Good track, I like this style.
Some possible improvements:
- More spatialization.
- More variations.
Like here :

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2022

Hobi72 wrote:
04 Jul 2022
Good track, I like this style.
Some possible improvements:
- More spatialization.
- More variations.
Like here :
That's a cool track and lots to learn from it. Thanks for the feedback

strangers
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2022

Similar to what others have said, I would have liked more melodic variation but totally understand the reservations since this style doesn't really call for it. It still could have given that edge nudge to keep interest as I found myself skipping ahead. I did pick up on the subtle changes which made me go back and listen to parts where I was impatient. Really nice work!

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2022

strangers wrote:
05 Jul 2022
Similar to what others have said, I would have liked more melodic variation but totally understand the reservations since this style doesn't really call for it. It still could have given that edge nudge to keep interest as I found myself skipping ahead. I did pick up on the subtle changes which made me go back and listen to parts where I was impatient. Really nice work!
Thanks for listening Stranger's and appreciate the feedback. I did try to keep this very simple and tried to focus on it being more club orientated but maybe could have added a tad more variation especially on the arps. It's good when feedback from others has a common theme and listening back a few times I tend to agree. Something to be mindful of with new tracks or if I go back to tweak this.

• Information