(Drum and Bass) Awhile

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2022

Well its been "Awhile" since i made a drum and bass track.

Fasten your underpants and hope some enjoy :lol:

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2022

Remastered this today as i realised it had the drums but was missing the bass. Now fixed.

any comments appreciated. same link as above

klasson

31 Aug 2022

Oh yes! That bass goes deep! :thumbup:
Think you have a good solid track here, but since it's Drum & Bass, I guess I was expecting a bit more variation in the drums.

Sounds, levels, and melodies sound really nice though! :clap:

Well done!

Popey
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2022

klasson wrote:
31 Aug 2022
Oh yes! That bass goes deep! :thumbup:
Think you have a good solid track here, but since it's Drum & Bass, I guess I was expecting a bit more variation in the drums.

Sounds, levels, and melodies sound really nice though! :clap:

Well done!
Thanks for listening 👍. Fair point about the drums and I probably could add some more variety there.

RTFX

01 Sep 2022

Good track! I like that square stab lead you got running through the track. And that bassline i really felt, despite listening on headphones😉
Yes, the drums could use variety, but on the other hand, they take on the perfect role by being the ‘silent’ steady force behind all the other things that happen. Theres a lot of variety in the sounds you chose and the applied automation.
Thumbs up for that pitching up and down sound from 01:45. Is it a preset arp or did u create yourself?
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2022

RTFX wrote:
01 Sep 2022
Good track! I like that square stab lead you got running through the track. And that bassline i really felt, despite listening on headphones😉
Yes, the drums could use variety, but on the other hand, they take on the perfect role by being the ‘silent’ steady force behind all the other things that happen. Theres a lot of variety in the sounds you chose and the applied automation.
Thumbs up for that pitching up and down sound from 01:45. Is it a preset arp or did u create yourself?
Thanks for listening RTFX👍

The pitching up and down sound is actually a sample from output arcade which I then chopped up. I don't usually use samples normally (apart from individual drum hits) but really liked it so ran with it on this occasion.

I agree about the thumbs up for that sound and want to learn how they did it. I am trying to recreate the sample with synths and have got pretty close so far with midi and filter following notes pitch etc but still something I am missing.

• Information