(dreamy rock) no one down here

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

23 Sep 2022

Made this one a little while ago. Used mostly hardware gear for the synths/drums/guitars. TR-8, Minilogue, 7 string guitar, some FX pedals, and lots of Reason effects. One of those projects I felt really guilty about not finishing and releasing so finally got around to it.

RTFX

23 Sep 2022

Im glad you did!
No one down here is great song.
Whos that doing the vocals besides you?
Or is it yourself in some diff semis?
Anyway i like that double vocal thing.
Music is lovely.
Mixing is done well!
Slightly less distorted, but i got instant mellon collie vibes. And i still play that record regularly…
Waste was not really my cupotea. I didnt connect with the rapping. Though the lyrics are strong.
I skipped pretty much through wake me up pretty fast.
Didnt like the way you sang in this one and too much reverb for the kind of music.
The beat and bassline are pretty heavy and in your face.
Just didnt feel it. My bad, brother.
Clutching was a perfect ending.
Good reverb and perfect boom-tap tempo.
Some more industrial sounds in it and young trent reznor wouldve been proud of ya!
Glad youre back being active on the forum with posting trax too.
Keep it up!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Dabbler

23 Sep 2022

listening thru tv sounds good.

Chizmata

24 Sep 2022

i listened to no one down here. its not that much down my alley (not that much into singing) but i gotta say its an exceptionally well-made track. i dont understand that much of the text, but what i understand is kinda on the darker, mystic side and fits the atmosphere of the instrumental part well. other than that, the crispy clean mix stands out as well as the structure. theres always a quite different, but well-integrated instrumental sequence following the other.

Bloma

24 Sep 2022

RTFX wrote:
23 Sep 2022
Im glad you did!
No one down here is great song.
Whos that doing the vocals besides you?
Or is it yourself in some diff semis?
Anyway i like that double vocal thing.
Music is lovely.
Mixing is done well!
Slightly less distorted, but i got instant mellon collie vibes. And i still play that record regularly…
Waste was not really my cupotea. I didnt connect with the rapping. Though the lyrics are strong.
I skipped pretty much through wake me up pretty fast.
Didnt like the way you sang in this one and too much reverb for the kind of music.
The beat and bassline are pretty heavy and in your face.
Just didnt feel it. My bad, brother.
Clutching was a perfect ending.
Good reverb and perfect boom-tap tempo.
Some more industrial sounds in it and young trent reznor wouldve been proud of ya!
Glad youre back being active on the forum with posting trax too.
Keep it up!
Thanks heaps RTFX. Vocals are all me, there's quite a few layered voices in those harmonised vocal sections. Mellon Collie - do you mean the Smashing Pumpkins album? They have some great songs.

All good for not liking those! I have mixed feelings about them also, but the end section of Waste I was too fond of to leave it out.

Thanks man, feels good to be posting music again! I was still making heaps, but not finishing them. I still have entire albums and EPs full of songs sitting around, some of which are decent.

Bloma

24 Sep 2022

Chizmata wrote:
24 Sep 2022
i listened to no one down here. its not that much down my alley (not that much into singing) but i gotta say its an exceptionally well-made track. i dont understand that much of the text, but what i understand is kinda on the darker, mystic side and fits the atmosphere of the instrumental part well. other than that, the crispy clean mix stands out as well as the structure. theres always a quite different, but well-integrated instrumental sequence following the other.
Thanks so much Chizmata. Yeah, darker and mystic sounds about right. Really appreciate your comments!

FrankJaeger

25 Sep 2022

Didn't listen to all the tracks, just the first one and my oh my it's quite the vibe. No one down here is really good. Might have to listen to the others when I have more time. The mix is excellent as well. Good work.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

strangers
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2022

I wasn't on board with the first minute and then it all turned around quickly. The mix is really well done and lets the arrangement really shine. Definitely try to finish more and share them here. Good stuff!

Bloma

25 Sep 2022

FrankJaeger wrote:
25 Sep 2022
Didn't listen to all the tracks, just the first one and my oh my it's quite the vibe. No one down here is really good. Might have to listen to the others when I have more time. The mix is excellent as well. Good work.
strangers wrote:
25 Sep 2022
I wasn't on board with the first minute and then it all turned around quickly. The mix is really well done and lets the arrangement really shine. Definitely try to finish more and share them here. Good stuff!
Thanks heaps.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2022

I listened to the first track. I'm pretty sure I've heard that one before right?
Either way it's a cool track. Nice blend of modern and old sounds and somehow together the combination becomes its own thing. The synth intro could work perfectly as a Fear Factory bit and even the first singing part (note wise). It just has those kind of note choices that they would use.

Bloma

27 Sep 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
27 Sep 2022
I listened to the first track. I'm pretty sure I've heard that one before right?
Either way it's a cool track. Nice blend of modern and old sounds and somehow together the combination becomes its own thing. The synth intro could work perfectly as a Fear Factory bit and even the first singing part (note wise). It just has those kind of note choices that they would use.
Thanks man, and I see what you mean. I love Fear Factory, they honestly have some of the best songs I've ever heard.

Wav-E

05 Oct 2022

Good EP, nice vocals , I like all 4 tracks , the first one is my favorite :P

Bloma

05 Oct 2022

Wav-E wrote:
05 Oct 2022
Good EP, nice vocals , I like all 4 tracks , the first one is my favorite :P
Thanks Wav-E, yeah the first one is my favourite too.

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2022

Bloma wrote:
23 Sep 2022
Made this one a little while ago. Used mostly hardware gear for the synths/drums/guitars. TR-8, Minilogue, 7 string guitar, some FX pedals, and lots of Reason effects. One of those projects I felt really guilty about not finishing and releasing so finally got around to it.

Along with others, I too was really impressed by the first track in particular. Although there were some vocal parts that didn't completely resonate with me in comparison to the solid instrumental track, I still really enjoyed this.

The last track "still clutching" was a perfect ending in my opinion.

Looking forward to hearing your future productions!

• Information