(melodic/minimal Techno) Dice as Nice

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2023

My entry for the oenkenstein dice comp but posting here for feedback or comments as they help me improve.

moalla

22 Apr 2023

:thumbs_up: NICE TUNE, snapped directly congrats Popey ;)
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2023

moalla wrote:
22 Apr 2023
:thumbs_up: NICE TUNE, snapped directly congrats Popey ;)
Cheers Moalla :thumbs_up:

Chizmata

23 Apr 2023

Popey wrote:
22 Apr 2023
My entry for the oenkenstein dice comp but posting here for feedback or comments as they help me improve.

i think there are some nice ideas but i doesnt seem quite finished to me. thats mainly because everything sounds so dry, maybe simply a highpassed reverb on the sum can do the job here. but i like some sounddesign ideas a lot, like those creepy bell chords at the start or the square and saw that melt into a single melody during the break.

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2023

Chizmata wrote:
23 Apr 2023
Popey wrote:
22 Apr 2023

i think there are some nice ideas but i doesnt seem quite finished to me. thats mainly because everything sounds so dry, maybe simply a highpassed reverb on the sum can do the job here. but i like some sounddesign ideas a lot, like those creepy bell chords at the start or the square and saw that melt into a single melody during the break.
I am fairly inexperienced with verb but gave it a go and think it sounds better. Hopefully not overdone it but sounds ok in my headphones

challism

24 Apr 2023

Great idea to post it here and ask for feedback first. As a judge of the contest, I can't really give you any feedback. In fact, I won't even allow myself to listen to any of the submissions (or works in progress) until the contest submission phase is over (my self-imposed, personal choice so as not to create unintentional bias by listening to earlier entries more, thus giving them the chance to "grow" on me).

I wish you good luck. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Chizmata

24 Apr 2023

Popey wrote:
23 Apr 2023
Chizmata wrote:
23 Apr 2023

I am fairly inexperienced with verb but gave it a go and think it sounds better. Hopefully not overdone it but sounds ok in my headphones
sounds good to me now, definitely not too much.

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2023

raymondh wrote:
25 Apr 2023
Cool tune. It's very atmospheric!
Thanks raymondh.

mimidancer

28 Apr 2023

Popey wrote:
22 Apr 2023

Its restrained transitions demand momentum. It is quiet perfection. I enjoyed the subtle evolution. I would dance.

• Information