(Electronic rock, krautrock) "Phoenix"

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Eusantis

06 Jul 2023

Hello, here I share with you my new theme. "Phoenix" is the ninth track in production order of the album I'm working on (my first album after a long time making demos). It is still a demo version, which I want to share with the world before presenting, in the near future, the new versions of all these songs, for which I am saving to master and remix them with the help of a professional studio.

Phoenix is a song (instrumental for the moment, although in the future it will also have a version with lyrics to be sung) whose theme is the reinvention of ourselves and the joy of living, despite the difficulties that we face on a daily basis .

I hope you like it.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2023

For my taste the drums are a little "lightweight", but I know the genre does not call for heavy drumming. And i did love the chord changes. The melodic lines have a hint of baroque which I find very pleasant. Cool stuff indeed. Nice job.

FrankJaeger

07 Jul 2023

Cool song with a trippy video.. Nice.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

Eusantis

07 Jul 2023

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your words.

crimsonwarlock

15 Jul 2023

I listened to it before, and now again because of your Up!. As a big fan of the krautrock sound, I do recognize the genre hints. But I agree with Quarmat that drums/percussion wise it is missing something. Indeed, it doesn't need heavy drumming, but currently there is nothing happening in that department, while krautrock emerged from the German experimental music scene where percussion and (especially) cymbals played a big role.

If you make the drums a more compositional part, you will have a great track. Right now, I think it is OK-ish. Production is great though :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Eusantis

17 Jul 2023

A lot of thanks, crimsonwarlock, I will take into account for the future version what you say about the drums.

My latest song is now available on the main music streaming platforms.

Although in the future there will be remastered versions with much better final sound, these versions will finally continue online in the meantime.

Jagwah

17 Jul 2023

Great song I can hear exactly the theme you explain above, nice to hear that. :)

Sounds very professional, as already mentioned there is no percussion and you notice it because there is just a kick.

I like the video it is interesting and helps keep my focus.

It already sounds very good for something you are considering seeking professional mixing / mastering, that is a good sign, very nice work.

Eusantis

18 Jul 2023

Very grateful for your words, Jagwah!

• Information