Pop - Space Fish Romance Dance (unfinished)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
ChulaCoola

09 Oct 2023

This is a track I made in Reason 4, probably 4-5 years ago. It is unfinished, and needs lyrics/vocals. I lost the project file so I need to rebuild the song. More details on Soundcloud

Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2023

Nice kawaii pop sounding track. It is worth developing! It needs a chorus and of course some vocals. I imagine something high pitched singing à la J-pop or hyperpop vocal chops.

ChulaCoola

12 Oct 2023

Quarmat wrote:
12 Oct 2023
Nice kawaii pop sounding track. It is worth developing! It needs a chorus and of course some vocals. I imagine something high pitched singing à la J-pop or hyperpop vocal chops.
Hi! Thanks. I'm glad you think it is worth something!
Yeah, I was thinking of a female voice, probably like Deborah Harry's, (think that song Rapture) or perhaps like Chrissie Hynde's voice, both of which are very different, but quite suitable for the song. At the moment, I can't think of more modern singers mostly because I don't listen to the modern radio music. Just stuff on SoundCloud, here, older stuff, anywhere but the Spotify top 100. Hey.... That singer from Knower. Google Knower, you'll see what I mean.

But that being said, it doesn't necessarily have to be a female voice. A male vocalist could do it, if he has the right voice. I am not quite sure what that would sound like. Maybe like David Bowie,

I do have lyrics, almost all of them, I just need to write about another verse I think.

BTW, what is a Kawaii pop sound track? What do you mean?
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2023

ChulaCoola wrote:
12 Oct 2023
Hey.... That singer from Knower. Google Knower, you'll see what I mean.
Geneviève Artadi... yes of course. Amazing voice. Girl can reach skyscraper notes for sure.

ChulaCoola wrote:
12 Oct 2023
But that being said, it doesn't necessarily have to be a female voice. A male vocalist could do it, if he has the right voice. I am not quite sure what that would sound like. Maybe like David Bowie
Sure, in the current state of the song also a Bowie-esque voice could do, but it will defo stem away from kawaii :)
ChulaCoola wrote:
12 Oct 2023
BTW, what is a Kawaii pop sound track? What do you mean?
Kawaii is japanese for 'cute'. Kawaii pop is basically J-Pop but with an emphasis on light, sunnny and careless melodies and usually sung by high pitched female singer that often mimic childish timbre. Vocaloid singers are also used.

here's a (heavily) kawaii pop with vocaloid singing example.

ChulaCoola

12 Oct 2023

Ok, I see what you mean. I am aiming more for late 70's/80's pop-rock/New Wave style, like the aforementioned, or the Cars. Or perhaps like some of your stuff, which I really like.

My song is a metaphor for current events that are going on (probably since before WWII) that isn't so light. Once I put vocals to it, you'll have a really good idea what that is. The title kind of points in that direction.

If you or anybody can guess what it is about, it means you have been paying attention to current events for a long time!

Thanks for the encouragement!

ChulaCoola

19 Jan 2024

Well I am absolutely ecstatic! I found, by accident, my lost Reason 4 .rns file for Space Fish Romance Dance, complete. Now I don't have to rebuild it, I can just continue. Along with that file, I found the files for the other songs I thought I had lost as well.

What a relief!

• Information