Matoma - Sound of Shadows (Wav-E Remix)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Wav-E

31 Dec 2023

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Matoma & JP Cooper - Sound of Shadows (Wav-E Remix)

WolfZeit

03 Jan 2024

This sounds fantastic. I went and listened to the original on the remix competiton page, and you've done an excellent job beefing up the track. You've given it more muscle and presence whilst keeping the best parts of the original. I'm surprised I'm the first to comment on here and congratulate you. Out of curiosity, what % would you say are the original stems, compared to % of new sounds you've introduced?

Wav-E

04 Jan 2024

WolfZeit wrote:
03 Jan 2024
This sounds fantastic. I went and listened to the original on the remix competiton page, and you've done an excellent job beefing up the track. You've given it more muscle and presence whilst keeping the best parts of the original. I'm surprised I'm the first to comment on here and congratulate you. Out of curiosity, what % would you say are the original stems, compared to % of new sounds you've introduced?
Thanks for the comment
I was a bit sick + Christmas + New Year + Guests :) I coudn´t do it 100%, also I was a bit late I hade 14 days only.
I made a new beat and bass, also I play again the main melody (on the keyboard) many effects and also a bit orchestra sound. I use the vocal and 2 other stems from the original. Didn´t find a time to play with the vocals on the middle and make more fx to be more intresting....unfortunately I did this remix a bit late , limit was 500 remixes and my was 517,so I think I am not in ....nevermind I did it for myself anyway :)
about % I will say 50% 50% only because I used the whole vocal if you take out the vocal its like 20% original and 80% new stuff ;)

WolfZeit

04 Jan 2024

Wav-E wrote:
04 Jan 2024
WolfZeit wrote:
03 Jan 2024
Thanks for the comment
I was a bit sick + Christmas + New Year + Guests :) I coudn´t do it 100%, also I was a bit late I hade 14 days only.
I made a new beat and bass, also I play again the main melody (on the keyboard) many effects and also a bit orchestra sound. I use the vocal and 2 other stems from the original. Didn´t find a time to play with the vocals on the middle and make more fx to be more intresting....unfortunately I did this remix a bit late , limit was 500 remixes and my was 517,so I think I am not in ....nevermind I did it for myself anyway :)
about % I will say 50% 50% only because I used the whole vocal if you take out the vocal its like 20% original and 80% new stuff ;)
That's a shame you missed the deadline. Fingers crossed for you, that they extend the amount of comp entries.

• Information