(House/techno/trance) melancholy

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2024

This piece kinda evolved from me trying to create sad emotional melodies and sounds. I am not a musician and from a dj background and melodies are one element I find hard. This is the outcome from a "practice" session so to speak which ended up turning into a song.

Listen to Melancholy (Original Mix) by Samiver on #SoundCloud
https://on.soundcloud.com/Sr128

RTFX

05 Jan 2024

I like the track and the vibe it has.
Tbh i myself didnt get that sad feeling you prob were after. Did u get it yourself?
I didnt study any music theory but i know it has to do with certain music keys. Was your track in the ‘right key’?
I know for example those guys from Bicep hit that key in several tracks they make, which makes those track emotional af imho.
All in all your track is lovely, but gives me more summervibes than sad vibes.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2024

Nice track Popey. I like the atmosphere/mood of the track. I do think it has a slightly melancolic feel to it.
The only thing I didn't care for was the vocals, but that's just personal preference. I don't mind the notes themselves, I just can't seem to into the overly pitched vocal production style that's so prominent and established nowadays. But that's just me. For most people that's a non issue.

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2024

RTFX wrote:
05 Jan 2024
I like the track and the vibe it has.
Tbh i myself didnt get that sad feeling you prob were after. Did u get it yourself?
I didnt study any music theory but i know it has to do with certain music keys. Was your track in the ‘right key’?
I know for example those guys from Bicep hit that key in several tracks they make, which makes those track emotional af imho.
All in all your track is lovely, but gives me more summervibes than sad vibes.
Thanks for listening RTFX. I have been looking at different scales and their definitions but still very much trial and error. There are certain sounds/notes which I find emotional but not sure the full cohesive piece is. It very much morphed from my trials with different scales.

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
05 Jan 2024
Nice track Popey. I like the atmosphere/mood of the track. I do think it has a slightly melancolic feel to it.
The only thing I didn't care for was the vocals, but that's just personal preference. I don't mind the notes themselves, I just can't seem to into the overly pitched vocal production style that's so prominent and established nowadays. But that's just me. For most people that's a non issue.
Thanks for listening TritoneAddiction. I think you may have listened to one eye which was in my signature as meloncholy is instrumental.

My fault as the link is small for some reason and I cannot amend it.

Meloncholy is in my signature now 😂

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2024

Popey wrote:
06 Jan 2024
TritoneAddiction wrote:
05 Jan 2024
Thanks for listening TritoneAddiction. I think you may have listened to one eye which was in my signature as meloncholy is instrumental.

My fault as the link is small for some reason and I cannot amend it.

Meloncholy is in my signature now 😂
Yep I listened to One eye. :puf_smile:
The Melancholy track was nice too. I think I liked that one even better. :thumbs_up:

• Information